Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Two More

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Two More

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Two more interesting knives from the Collection...

The first I carried for more than a decade, as a Marine. It was issued to me as a young PFC when I joined my first squadron. For some reason, it's called a TL, but it's an Electrician's Knife. The locking blade is a screwdriver, pries open cans, makes adjustments to some equipment in the field, and can do all sorts of things. The blade can be honed razor sharp, strips wires, shaves faceplates that don't fit radios, and cuts torque stripes to fit instrument faces.
06 usmc electricians tl.jpg
Every now and then, I'll come across another TL in a drawer or a gear tray. I'd get issued a new one now and again. Some have serial numbers engraved on the scales, some have my initials for control. Tina loves the one she took. She keeps it razor sharp as well and uses it all the time. :lol: Something about a good knife. They were made by Camillis.

The second knife is a little less common. It's an OTF auto I bought on a trip to Gatlinburg when Tina and I vacationed with my patrol partner and his wife one year. The wives went shopping... and so did we. We wandered the knife shops, they went other places. We wandered into the back where they had a case full of autos, and with our creds they were happy to sell us a couple. I carried this rarely, the benchmade folder was faster, sharper, and more dependable.

I use this ... for a letter opener. :lol:
04 otf auto.jpg
(Seriously.... might as well get some use out of it.)
If it dies, I'll take it apart, remove the spring, and keep opening letters with it as a gravity opener.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Two More

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

I have one of the electrician's TL knives in a tool box in the garage. Carried it for years, I was a construction electrician in the Bees. A bit of advice, don’t sharpen that screwdriver blade and use it to unscrew a tight screw. It will fold on you I have the scar to prove it. :D
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Two More

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:I have one of the electrician's TL knives in a tool box in the garage. Carried it for years, I was a construction electrician in the Bees. A bit of advice, don’t sharpen that screwdriver blade and use it to unscrew a tight screw. It will fold on you I have the scar to prove it. :D
"Don't sharpen the screwdriver blade..." :D
First thing my Sergeant told a wide eyed PFC when he handed me my first TL.
"It will only end badly." :o
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.