Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A Group Picture...

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

A Group Picture...

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 pm

I thought I'd post a group pic, then discuss the various knives in the picture. It's a few from the collection over the years. Let's work our way from Left to Right, Shall we?
02 group.jpg
The Gerber Folder, first on the left, was a gift presented to me by the Rod and Gun Club in Hawaii when my tour of Duty was up. I had served in various positions in the Club during my three year tour, from Hunting Chairman, Conservation Coordinator, Club Secretary and Vice President. Throughout our time the club had grown and expanded our service to the base, and the base Commander had twice cited the Club for service.

Next in is an Allen Elishewitz Benchmade Special. I really liked the feel of this knife and it rode on the strap of my bullet proof vest under my duty shirt for a couple years. I never needed it, but it was there. It's like new, and will never go anywhere. I worked midnight's during that period, and backup was often a good ways away.

Third from the left is a KaBar made as a Backup, and it rode behind my mag pouches on the duty belt for about six months, until one of the female officers violated policy and wore the knife in plain sight on a trouser belt, with a pancake holster. This drew unwanted attention to it's wicked appearance. The new Chief, always adverse to any negative attention, banned ANY duty knives of any sort, even though all his training staff reminded him that he had
a) approved the knife in Question for appropriate use
and b) knew that duty knives were an essential part of officer's equipment. :twisted:

Number Four from the left... my first attempt at making a knife from a kit. I was happy with the way it turned out, considering I didn't have a clue. It sleeps in the safe and doesn't have a sheath as it will never see use. ;) It was my first. So, it's collectible, to me.

Number five is a Smith and Wesson Emergency Services knife I carried as an EMT for four years. Miss Tina had one as well. That Vicious looking blade cuts seat belt webbing like butter, and that spike in the end of the grip is spring loaded and breaks window glass with ease. It was carried in the slash pocket of my EMT uniform. Tina had a belt pouch for hers.

Last in the group shot? My Smith and Wesson Duty knife... I carried it for a while, but wasn't impressed.
I kept it as it was a gift from a friend, but my two Benchmades had permanent patrol duty. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.