Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Swords

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Swords

Post by SingleAction357 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 pm

Can we get a sword sub forum. I know I'm not the only one who likes the big steel.
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Swords

Post by Henry88 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:42 am

No, you're not alone, they are the "final word" in defense. You're still in the game as long as you have one...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:29 am

SingleAction357,

I don't have a problem making a sub forum for swords. I have a real one and like it.

I'll tell you what. Depending how many swords you have, post about them. If we get responses, I can make a sub forum. I'll even take the time to post mine.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:27 am

I have a Civil War Union Navy Officer's sword that belonged to an ancestor of my wife who lived in Gloucester, MA. The scabbard is badly damaged (broken into three parts), but the sword itself is in good condition with the exception of the braided rope on the hilt, which is no longer attached to the pommel. I'd love to know if it should be left alone or restored; and if it can be restored, who does that sort of work.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:11 pm

daytime dave wrote:SingleAction357,
Depending how many swords you have, post about them.
You have opened Pandora's box.

0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:14 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:I have a Civil War Union Navy Officer's sword that belonged to an ancestor of my wife who lived in Gloucester, MA. The scabbard is badly damaged (broken into three parts), but the sword itself is in good condition with the exception of the braided rope on the hilt, which is no longer attached to the pommel. I'd love to know if it should be left alone or restored; and if it can be restored, who does that sort of work.

Personally I don't see much reason not to restore sabers, they were mass produced and are still easy to find at good prices as a result. My buddy Wes Beem of Lonely Wolf Forge is rather good at that sort of thing. Here's a link to his site. He mostly deals in full customs but I bet he could polish your blade up.

http://lonelywolfforge.weebly.com/
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 pm

SingleAction357 wrote:Can we get a sword sub forum. I know I'm not the only one who likes the big steel.
I don't know if you are familiar with the Smoky Mountain Knife Works .. :?: .. it is located just off of I-40 in Sevierville, TN, TN exit 407 .... if you like blades and most anything else, its well worth a visit if/when you happen to be in the area

so far as swords go, this link ===> https://www.smkw.com/knives/fixed-blade-knives/swords <==== gives a pretty good example of what they have in stock
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:58 pm

I have a few, plus a cool civil war bayonet, I've already posted in the forum here, but mods could move...
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 pm

JEBar wrote:
SingleAction357 wrote:Can we get a sword sub forum. I know I'm not the only one who likes the big steel.
I don't know if you are familiar with the Smoky Mountain Knife Works .. :?: .. it is located just off of I-40 in Sevierville, TN, TN exit 407 .... if you like blades and most anything else, its well worth a visit if/when you happen to be in the area

so far as swords go, this link ===> https://www.smkw.com/knives/fixed-blade-knives/swords <==== gives a pretty good example of what they have in stock

I had a bowie from there that I regret selling.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 pm

daytime dave wrote:SingleAction357,

I don't have a problem making a sub forum for swords. I have a real one and like it.

I'll tell you what. Depending how many swords you have, post about them. If we get responses, I can make a sub forum. I'll even take the time to post mine.
I would purpose this, the subforums in knives rather than being divided by company as they are currently should be divided into folding knives, fixed blade knives, swords, and axes/hatchets/tomahawks. I think this will make for better organization and greater ease of finding what you're looking for in here.
0 x