Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Old Knifes

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Old Knifes

Post by dave77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Here's mine from the '70s except the official BSA knife, it would date to the mid '60s.

The Case is still in like new condition. I never used it much, I don't remember ever even sharpening it and it's still very sharp.

The Buck definitely saw plenty of use.

0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Old Knifes

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Old, doesn't mean that they aren't any good. :? At least I hope not... :)
I have a drawer that has a few old knives in it and they are still sharp and doing their duty.
I have a Marine issued Technician's knife, called a TL for some reason.... had a knife blade and a common screwdriver blade. The wife stole it one day and it's been in her coffee table drawer ever since. She uses it to open the mail. For some reason she loves it. Perhaps because it was a part of my time on active duty. :roll: I gave up trying to figure her out. :P
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Old Knifes

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 pm

40 + years ago I carried an Old Timer skinner which over time lived up to its name in helping put meat in the freezer .... when our 8 & 9 year old sons started hunting with me, I bought them smaller models .... just because they had smaller knives in no way reflects on their ability to take a deer from walking to in the cooler .... now days they aren't taken out of the drawer often but they are still shaving sharp and there is no doubt that they could still make short work of a deer today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x