Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Victorinox -- 2nd knife in WOOD

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Victorinox -- 2nd knife in WOOD

Post by PT7 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 am

A while back I posted about my Victorinox Hunter Pro Wood. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2651 I have really enjoyed this knife as an EDC belt carry using the very nice green sheath, which came with it. The Hunter Pro is a single-blade locking folder.

I was surprised in my knife searching recently to come across another Victorinox (SAK) knife in WOOD --- but it also a multi-tool. A very cool tool, but as you good Henry Folk may be tired of hearing from me, I love the wood handles!! ;) They are made from Swiss Walnut with some very nice coloration and wood patterns.

Intro of my Forester Wood. This knife is what SAK considers a large folder at 111mm. One thing I learned is that with the larger 111mm-models, the main blade has a Liner-Lock. And on this model, the flathead screwdriver also locks. All told, there are 10 multi-tools in this model. And the name of "Forester" speaks plainly to the beautiful walnut wood handles.

So here is a brief picture show with some additional comments. Enjoy!

Victorinox Forester Wood -- 111mm Multi-Tool
DSCN2044.JPG
The saw is excellent, and very sharp! I've cut a wooden doll with it to make a brass casing removal rod...sometimes reloads swell in my derringer barrel, and the doll rod will help slide them out.
DSCN2045.JPG
Some of the Multi-Tools "on display."
DSCN2047.JPG
The two locking tools: large main blade and flat-head screwdriver.
DSCN2048.JPG
This inside view shows the angled rod that serves to lock both multi-tools at each end of the knife.
DSCN2053.JPG
Both Multi-Tools are marked at the lock release point.
DSCN2049.JPG
[/i][/b]
The last two photos highlight my favorite look of this Victorinox -- the wood handles. Notice the slightly lighter/darker colors on each side of the knife, and especially the grain lines running through the wood.
DSCN2054.JPG
DSCN2055.JPG
I do have a black Victorinox sheath, in which this Forester fits perfectly. They make a good combo. It will be a great tool for a lot of years to come! Have a great day, Everyone. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Victorinox -- 2nd knife in WOOD

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:10 pm

That sure is a beautiful wooden scaled knife. I like it. But I can't. Saving for the next big purchase.

Thanks for sharing it.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 pm

It's a beauty!
Is the 111mm the blade length?
That converts to 4.37 inches. That is a big knife, how about a picture of it in hand for reference.
A link to where you ordered it from might be nice as well.
I might just need one.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Appreciate your comments...'tis neat that you guys think it's a beauty, too. The wood catches the eye....
Thanks.

DD,
Is your "next big purchase" a knife, or maybe a new Henry? ;) I understand about saving for that....this SAK was my recent big purchase, and I need to "settle down" again, take it easy for a while, and rebuild the coffers! :lol:
daytime dave wrote:That sure is a beautiful wooden scaled knife. I like it. But I can't. Saving for the next big purchase.
Thanks for sharing it.
RSb,
The Forester at 111mm (4.37") is the knife's OAL length when closed. The web site doesn't list the OAL of the main blade, and I didn't get out my calipers to measure mine. But my ruler estimate for the blade is approx 3.7" Now you have me curious, and I'm going to try and find the blade OAL posted somewhere.

And here are two links for your reference:
Where I ordered it: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/VN0836 ... multi-tool
The Victorinox web site advertisement: https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Product ... /0.8361.63

If you do decide to get one, RSb, let me know what you think of it. It is definitely a user and keeper for me!

Both of you gentlemen take good care.
RetiredSeabee wrote:It's a beauty!
Is the 111mm the blade length?
That converts to 4.37 inches. That is a big knife, how about a picture of it in hand for reference.
A link to where you ordered it from might be nice as well.
I might just need one.
0 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:43 am

PT7

No, neither a knife or a Henry, although either will often be carried in it.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:35 am

I'm game to guess. Might it be some new transportation in the works :?:
daytime dave wrote:PT7

No, neither a knife or a Henry, although either will often be carried in it.
0 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 am

Good guess. We went to camp last week and momma(fiance) picked me up at work in my truck that I had packed the previous evening. The first words from her were, " You need a new truck". With that, I said I'd call Michael on our return on Monday. Michael is our next door neighbor and owns a used car business. When it arrives, it will be posted in vehicles. So, no money for a Victorinox that most likely would have been added to my collection. Perhaps in a few months when the new ride is properly outfitted.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 am

daytime dave wrote:Good guess. We went to camp last month and momma(fiance) picked me up at work in my truck that I had packed the previous evening. The first words from her were, " You need a new truck". With that, I said I'd call Michael on our return on Monday. Michael is our next door neighbor and owns a used car business. When it arrives, it will be posted in vehicles. So, no money for a Victorinox that most likely would have been added to my collection. Perhaps in a few months when the new ride is properly outfitted.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:05 am

Very good. Transports do need to be changed from time-to-time. My trusty T&C mini van is still running quite well at 11 years old, and I hope to celebrate more birthdays with it "down-the-road." :)

A new ride -- cool. There will be plenty of room in that bed to carry home quite a number of Victorinox blades, plus some new Henrys! :lol:

Final comment on the Victorinox. You said "...a Victorinox that most likely would have been added to my collection." If you do keep a new Victorinox in your knife bucket list, I'm certain you would be most pleased with either of these two WOOD models I've been able to find. The Hunter Pro Wood (single lock-blade folder) or this new Forester Wood (multi-tool). I am more than pleased with their looks, and also the quality construction.

Best on your "new ride" acquisition. Will keep an eye on the Forum vehicles.

daytime dave wrote:Good guess. We went to camp last week and momma(fiance) picked me up at work in my truck that I had packed the previous evening. The first words from her were, " You need a new truck". With that, I said I'd call Michael on our return on Monday. Michael is our next door neighbor and owns a used car business. When it arrives, it will be posted in vehicles. So, no money for a Victorinox that most likely would have been added to my collection. Perhaps in a few months when the new ride is properly outfitted.
0 x

~Пока~

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:01 am

That is a lovely looking knife, and the design is typical "Swiss Army" precision. ;)
1 x