Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Victorinox Victory -- Hunter Pro with wood handles.

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Victorinox Victory -- Hunter Pro with wood handles.

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 pm

It's been a long time that I've been looking for a Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife) with wood handles that would grab my eye. I finally found one.

Last July 2016, I got my first Victorinox that wasn't a multi-tool --- the Hunter Pro lock blade. Posted photos of that blade & its specs here on the Forum. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1005 I've carried/used the knife, and found it to be very comfortable-in-hand (I have large hands), and most easy to use. Plus I consider a black/silver knife to be a very cool color combination.

I was surprised to find a "brother" to this knife, which comes with wood handles! I did not know that these were in production. It is a Victorinox Swiss Army Outdoorsman Hunter Pro Wood. Pretty much same design and specs as my first Hunter Pro. I didn't think very long on this one at all, and my order arrived today. :D It is as well-made as my first Hunter Pro and looks/feels great.....but dressed in the Swiss walnut wood handles, it is simply stunning to my eyes. As much as I like my black/silver one, these wood handles are really special.

Here are some photos of my two Hunter Pros. Which one do you like better?
DSCN1982e.jpg
DSCN1983e.jpg
DSCN1984e.jpg
[Both knives come with same olive green pouch, vertical or horizontal carry]
DSCN1985e.jpg
DSCN1986e.jpg
DSCN1987e.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Victorinox Victory -- Hunter Pro with wood handles.

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 pm

nice .... really nice .... I didn't know they made them with wooden handles .... info appreciated
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 am

I didn't know they made it in wood either. They both look nice, but I prefer wood. That's a really nice knife.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Neon Horse
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Neon Horse » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 am

Sweet blades. Wood handles are fun. I have a Victorinox SAK with wood scales on them. It's a cool option.
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:14 am

Very nice, I prefer the wood because in the photos the shield stands out better.
The finish looks to be very soft. It would be interesting to see how it ages with use.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Agreed....I also definitely prefer wood. And the more specialized, the more I enjoy it. The Henry-Case collaboration knife I have with the Antique River Log scales is excellent. I really wanted to find a Victorinox with wood handles, and like I mentioned, been after that elusive configuation for a while now.

And I was able to find the Hunter Pro Wood in a "roundabout search" after reading some BF chats on Evo (Evolution) Wood) knives under their multi-tools forum. Those photos that were posted had some Victorinox knives with really beautiful walnut handles. But I have several multi-tool SAKs now, and wanted specifically a folder (preferable lock-blade), and not a fixed blade. Went to the Victorinox web site and looked up the Evo Wood series....lot of very cool and handsome multi-blades there with the walnut handles. Also had a Forester model.

Just for fun, I search and found a Hunter Pro like mine offered with three scales options: black (the first one I got), orange (if it were closer to the vibrant Henry orange I'd consider it), and most surprisingly, one dressed in walnut!! The rest of the story I've already told.

If you look closely at my photos you can see the darker wood patterns at the top of the knife handles by the lock release (spine edge when knife opened). It would have been really cool if this darker grain pattern went through the sides, too. But all-in-all, the wood is great-looking on this Victorinox! :D Thanks for looking at it.

daytime dave wrote:I didn't know they made it in wood either. They both look nice, but I prefer wood. That's a really nice knife.
1 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:09 am

Very good looking knives!
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:42 am

Can we see some photos of your Victorinox in wood, Neon Horse? And what model is your SAK?
The wood blades option is not as often seen in the knife shops as the standard SAK materials. Thanks!
Neon Horse wrote:Sweet blades. Wood handles are fun. I have a Victorinox SAK with wood scales on them. It's a cool option.
0 x

~Пока~

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 pm

I never saw one of those with a wood handle! ADD me to that list. Grin.

I like them both but I kind of like the wood one more because it is different.

Congrats on your pretty knives!

Cate
1 x

biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by biglever » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:51 pm

I guess I am the only one that likes the black.
Thanks for the post.
1 x