Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New knife

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: New knife

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 am

daytime dave wrote:dave77, I have an original Cold Steel AK-47. I really like the locking action on it. This is the second generation. It looks good too. As BoM just stated, I have several Cold Steel knives. I have the Tantos from Japan. True classics.

Thanks for sharing.

BoM, you have to show us those Cold Steel knives.
Dave, Ask, and you shall receive. Well, within reason. :lol:
I have owned a number of Cold Steel knives over the years, and carried a few on duty. I liked the Cold Steel Tanto Folders when I first started, but like everyone else, I moved on, as my tasted and ability to satisfy them grew, with pay bumps. When I was a Field Training Officer, I would often sell my duty current duty knives to the Rookie Officers at a very good price so they would have a decent knife to start out with. I wasn't one of the guys who took advantage. Never had one come back and complain. I would tell them what price I would give them, tell them to check around, but NOT tell the other officer's what price I offered, or someone else would buy it out from under them. ;) They always came back and took me up on it. 8-)

These are the Cold Steel Knives I have in the collection... never carried.
01 cold steel.jpg
The two knives in the top row are Oyabuns. I admired the strength of the design and bought both, the long and short models. Very nice, good weight.
The middle knife is a double edged fighter... razor sharp. I really liked the knife, but didn't really have an application. I had thought of mounting it on my vest. Never got around to it, and then stepped up to the high end benchmade folder. No need after that.
The push knife is one of a pair, I carried one like it for a while, and my midnight patrol partner admired the knife so much I made him a gift of the extra, and never replaced it.

These are the two knives I carried for the bulk of my patrol days. The light weight knife at the bottom was kept razor sharp, and did the job, but the Chief carried the one at the top and always bragged about the quality. We were at a gunshow together and I came across one, and once I picked it up, I retired the old one, but carried it off duty. It still "serves." I carry the titanium knife daily if we go out.
03 duty pair.jpg
I have forgotten the name of the model for the bluish colored benchmade, but it's no longer made. A knife shop offered to buy it, even with the "use" on the blade. I declined. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.