Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

NY Made - Ka-Bar Knives~~~

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: NY Made - Ka-Bar Knives~~~

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:12 pm

PT7 wrote:Very helpful, Bish...thanks! It worked just fine for me.
I've been wondering for a long time if there was a way to do that. I like keeping the Henry Forum open & going strong. :)
Bish1309 wrote:So in case any one would like to know, when you click an embedded web link you get taken from here to that site. To avoid this, hold down the CTRL key before clicking the link and (at least with Chrome) it will load the web page in a new tab. This will still keep the current forum open. :twisted:

Awesome. My day is complete. :D
1 x
Bish

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:43 pm

daytime dave wrote:I like the k bars, but have never warmed up to Cut Co. We have a set of steak knives and someone gave me the fishing knife, but I don't like them. I'm not sure why.
Dave they are kinda non traditional.

I'm also not fond of the whole vector marketing deal with Cutco. My son sold them for a summer after high school. But they are excellent knives.

We bought a large everything kitchen set. I also have the filet knife and the large folder. The steak knives are kinda weird shaped. Supposed to be a cross between a steak knife and a butter knife. I didn't like them at 1st but they've grown on me. Same for their plastic handles. After a few years using them now I've grown to understand the design and like it.

I like sharp knives. I have never taken a new sharp knife out of the box with an edge like a Cutco. My folder is so sharp it's Scary! Slip and you don't get cut you lose a finger.

A friend at work had an older set that he got from his parents. He is also an avid outdoorsman and knife guy. He sent the set back to Cutco to get resharpened. He told me about it when they came in. I asked if they had used them yet. He said, "No not yet. I'm kind of afraid to they are so sharp!"
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Here is a Cutco we bought from a high school kid back in the early '90's and it still cuts really good.
IMG_3466.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Tans
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by Tans » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:35 am

As for me Ka-bar knives are really cool, I`m a beginner in hiking and I don`t have a lot of gear for that, but ka-bar knives where the first in my list. I have a couple of those. My favourite is Ka-Bar USMC. I enjoy looking for some new items on gorillasurplus - https://www.gorillasurplus.com/ka-bar-knives
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:42 am

_WELCOME!_.jpg
Greetings, Tans. Not only are you "a beginner in hiking," you're also a beginner on the Henry Forum with your first post! ;)
Glad you decided to join and "hike" around a little with us. Are you bringing any Henrys with you? They are great rifles.
PT7

Tans wrote:As for me Ka-bar knives are really cool, I`m a beginner in hiking and I don`t have a lot of gear for that, but ka-bar knives where the first in my list. I have a couple of those. My favourite is Ka-Bar USMC. I enjoy looking for some new items on gorillasurplus - https://www.gorillasurplus.com/ka-bar-knives
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

Tans
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by Tans » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 pm

PT7 wrote:_WELCOME!_.jpg
Greetings, Tans. Not only are you "a beginner in hiking," you're also a beginner on the Henry Forum with your first post! ;)
Glad you decided to join and "hike" around a little with us. Are you bringing any Henrys with you? They are great rifles.
PT7

Tans wrote:As for me Ka-bar knives are really cool, I`m a beginner in hiking and I don`t have a lot of gear for that, but ka-bar knives where the first in my list. I have a couple of those. My favourite is Ka-Bar USMC. I enjoy looking for some new items on gorillasurplus - https://www.gorillasurplus.com/ka-bar-knives
Hey there! Thanks for your greetings! I`m sure I`ll find something interesting on your forum and will find new friends.
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 pm

As PT7 said, welcome to the forum from CT. I know you'll enjoy the company. It's a great place to learn and share. Glad you joined.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 pm

we use Cutco knives in both our camper and at home .... no complaints whatsoever .... I can't recall ever owing a Ka-Bar, may have to look into it
1 x

bmur66
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by bmur66 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:06 am

Cutco, Kabar and Henry. They go together well.
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Tans,

Welcome to the forum.

Cate
0 x