Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

NY Made - Ka-Bar Knives~~~

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

NY Made - Ka-Bar Knives~~~

Post by Catherine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:02 am

I picked out two Ka-Bar knives with my husband tonight.

One famous USMC 1217 and one 1251.

They are sweet knives!

This is my THIRD Ka-Bar knife.

We used up some retirement gift certificates tonight.

Cate
PS: He picked up a night vision monocular. I have not tried that out yet looking at the animals in the back yard and all of the way down, down and down to the river.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: NY Made - Ka-Bar Knives~~~

Post by daytime dave » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 am

Cate, those 1217s are really nice knives. I have a couple of them. The fit and finishing are super.

I don't have the shorter one. Let us know how you like it.

Let me know what you see with that monocular too!
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:37 am

Cate -- would you please post pics of your two Ka-Bars? Thanks!
Catherine wrote:I picked out two Ka-Bar knives with my husband tonight.

One famous USMC 1217 and one 1251.

They are sweet knives!

This is my THIRD Ka-Bar knife.

We used up some retirement gift certificates tonight.

Cate
PS: He picked up a night vision monocular. I have not tried that out yet looking at the animals in the back yard and all of the way down, down and down to the river.
1 x

~Пока~

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Cutco now makes some nice Kabars here in the USA. I've been really pleased with all my Cutco's from Kitchen stuff to pocket knives.

https://www.cutco.com/products/thumbnai ... ing-knives
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:25 am

I like the k bars, but have never warmed up to Cut Co. We have a set of steak knives and someone gave me the fishing knife, but I don't like them. I'm not sure why.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 am

PT 7,

I will try to get my husband to take some pictures and put them up for me on his computer. Then he can help me put them UP here. We don't have picture accounts on the internet.

I don't know HOW to do that even though he tried to EXPLAIN IT TO ME, I am dense in these things, and my older computer is half dead anyway.

He did take some pictures for me so I could send them in an email off of his computer to my old friend in the past. So if I can't get them UP here... go to the Ka-Bar website and punch in the model numbers or use these links.

https://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/30

1217 ^^^

https://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/71

1251 ^^^

We used our gift certificates up at Sportsman's Warehouse all in one swoop. The cards and some extra cash. The knives cost $86.99 each in our Missoula, MT store. I forgot what his night vision thingey cost off hand now.

Cate
1 x

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 am

Those black blades are the bomb....Wish my mature self would let my kid self play with knifes. I have to ask permission to butter bread.
2 x
Bish

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:55 am

So in case any one would like to know, when you click an embedded web link you get taken from here to that site. To avoid this, hold down the CTRL key before clicking the link and (at least with Chrome) it will load the web page in a new tab. This will still keep the current forum open. :twisted:
2 x
Bish

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks, Cate....both knives are really sharp-looking. And that's the first time I've looked at the Kabar web site; their set-up is nice.

You don't have to "battle" trying to post photos; I know that cyberspace can be like a black hole at times. The web pics were good!
Have a great day!
Catherine wrote:PT 7,

I will try to get my husband to take some pictures and put them up for me on his computer. Then he can help me put them UP here. We don't have picture accounts on the internet.

I don't know HOW to do that even though he tried to EXPLAIN IT TO ME, I am dense in these things, and my older computer is half dead anyway.

He did take some pictures for me so I could send them in an email off of his computer to my old friend in the past. So if I can't get them UP here... go to the Ka-Bar website and punch in the model numbers or use these links.

https://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/30

1217 ^^^

https://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/71

1251 ^^^

We used our gift certificates up at Sportsman's Warehouse all in one swoop. The cards and some extra cash. The knives cost $86.99 each in our Missoula, MT store. I forgot what his night vision thingey cost off hand now.

Cate
1 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Very helpful, Bish...thanks! It worked just fine for me.
I've been wondering for a long time if there was a way to do that. I like keeping the Henry Forum open & going strong. :)
Bish1309 wrote:So in case any one would like to know, when you click an embedded web link you get taken from here to that site. To avoid this, hold down the CTRL key before clicking the link and (at least with Chrome) it will load the web page in a new tab. This will still keep the current forum open. :twisted:
2 x

~Пока~