Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

COLLECTABLE KNIVES

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

COLLECTABLE KNIVES

Post by Steve51 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:26 am

For a number of years I have collected knives.

Several years ago Remington would put out a new knife every year. It would be a different style than the year before and they were good quality knives.
I also have a couple of Winchester knives that also seem to be quality knives.

A few years ago, the Henry Repeating Arms website listed a knife or two and also Henry lighters. Their current catalog does not have any of these items.

For me, lever guns, revolvers, and knives all go hand in hand. I would like to see Henry cooperate with Case or other reputable American company and produce a new Henry knife every year. Each year a different style (trapper, stockman, etc) with Henry logo and perhaps a Henry model levergun etched on the blade. I truly believe they would become collector items. I have searched the web in search of a Henry Rifles Trapper #6254 made by Case a few years back. They are near impossible to find and seem to bring high dollar.

WINCHESTER YELLOW BOY:
Winchester.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H001TLB, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: COLLECTABLE KNIVES

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:23 pm

A few years after this forum got up and running Dave contacted Henry. He asked if they would send a thank you gift to those of us who were working behind the scenes to run the forum. Very kind and generous of Dave and Henry. We received some very nice gifts including the Case knife. It would be nice if they could keep them in stock. And as you said a new model each year or two would be a great way to add a collection.

8CB98D33-6C02-4291-B17C-0E0C83065EE2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:00 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:23 pm
A few years after this forum got up and running Dave contacted Henry. He asked if they would send a thank you gift to those of us who were working behind the scenes to run the forum. Very kind and generous of Dave and Henry. We received some very nice gifts including the Case knife. It would be nice if they could keep them in stock. And as you said a new model each year or two would be a great way to add a collection.
My late, long distance friend and founding member of this forum, PT7, and I shared a birthdate. When Henry sent me the knife (along with other items), I gave Bob my Henry Case Knife as a birthday gift. Glad I did. He also collected knives and loved getting it.
5 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:49 pm

Retired Seabee:

That is a great lookin knife!
1 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H001TLB, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:01 pm

PT7 Certainly enjoyed collecting knives.

That Winchester is a nice looking trapper.

I was gifted a Henry trapper for being interviewed for an episode of a Henry 1/2 hour radio broadcast. I didn't make the cut, but a well known celebrity didn't either, so I didn't feel bad. The Henry Case trapper is a great looker. I carry it in a Buck knife sheath made for the 503 lockback. It fits well.

My favorite folding knife is the jumbo trapper. I have a Buck, Camillus locking knife, a few Rough Riders (From China and used as farm knives) and several Remingtons. I have been carrying a Remington Jumbo trapper as an edc knife lately. Buck had recently been making Remington knives for them. I don't have one of those yet.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member