Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A New Build (Along)

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: A New Build (Along)

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:59 am

Watch this space, the drama is thick. Will I blow the inlay or not? The crowd is dying to know....
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:48 pm

The bit is due tomorrow.... Yup, I'm excited. 8-)
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:24 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:59 am
Watch this space, the drama is thick. Will I blow the inlay or not? The crowd is dying to know....
Yes we are. :lol:
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:13 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:24 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:59 am
Yes we are. :lol:

We better start CPR...

Got an email from Amazon this morning....

Trouble with your order. If you have not received your order after two additional days, you may wait for the order, cancel the items and request a refund, or cancel the items and reorder.

So I pull up the items noted and check the tracking....

The tracking on the bit said this:

Package is undeliverable and returning to sender because it is damaged.
Shawnee, OK US

I was NOT happy. My knife has been waiting patiently on the bench for me to continue. I have been waiting impatiently for the bit to arrive, but vibrating with anticipation for today to come. Then wake up this morning after it said, "Out for Delivery" when I went to bed. :twisted: Miss T had ordered a trio of continuous misting spray bottles and some special cleaner for her quilting iron(s). They also must have been in the same box. Same message:

Package is undeliverable and returning to sender because it is damaged. because we were playing forklift hocky with it in the warehouse.
Shawnee, OK US

Seems kinda silly to wait two additional days to see if my package arrives with the tracking data says they have turned around the DAMAGED package since it is undeliverable... doh! So, I call Amazon Customer Service. That robot that answers is a California Beach Blonde, I just know it. She gives you several options, you choose ONE of them and she says. "Geez, that's NOT a valid option, LIke, You'll have to choose again. Oh Em Gee." I get so frustrated I slap the phone. I restort to repeating AGENT in a fake computer voice until the California Blonde computer has a stroke and an agent picks up.

I tell them I don't Want to Wait an extra two days for a package that is already turned around and sent back. Please reorder the items they know are on the way home and send them to me asap, I have a lonely knife waiting to be finished. The CS rep says let me kick it up the chain to someone that can make that decision... and ten minutes of HOLD time later, Yes.. we can do that.

:roll:

Thanks... so, we are waiting... (Hear the metronome in the background?)

Waiting...
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:45 pm

I've had a LOT of trouble with Amazon recently. Never used to be a problem...
Something has happened to their system lately and it ain't good. Hope you get your problem resolved soon.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:15 pm

Ya and just think you pay 170.00 a year now for Prime and get to put up with that BS
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:23 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:15 pm
Ya and just think you pay 170.00 a year now for Prime and get to put up with that BS
I've had several problems this past week beyond Amazon. Products and services are aweful anymore. I think the whole country is imploding. 😡
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:33 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:23 pm
BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:15 pm
I've had several problems this past week beyond Amazon. Products and services are aweful anymore. I think the whole country is imploding. 😡
Customer service is gone country wide. Its few and far between. Ive just been going thru it with Verizon with cell phones. Never again will I buy cell phones through Verizon over the internet. Ive been on the phone with them 8 times and my end bill is still not right. Ive been with them 20 years. Last time I was on the phone with them I was so mad if I could of reached thru the wire Id choke the crap out of them
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:46 pm

Try T-mobile, I've had good luck with their customer service. Dropped the phone insurance a couple of months ago and was still billed for it last month, called and they said the change just went in too late and I would be credited with the extra payment this month and I was. Also saved a considerable amount on my monthly bill when I switched to them from Verizon.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:24 pm

The wife and I just had the same conversation. It's like a large percentage of people working just don't seem to care at all. I can't say if this incident was the fault of UPS's handling of the package or the way that amazon's workers packed the box... We got one a couple months ago with two DVDs packed in a box with a heavy metal object. The dvd's cases were beaten within an inch of their lives. But, I put the DVDs and Blue Rays in Binders to save space, so both were unharmed, and I was going to be tossing the cases anyway. I just played the movies and they both played fine. I did send Amazon an email showing the damage. Not that they cared.

Our regular UPS driver has been with them for more than 35 years and is a really good guy, works hard, we really like him. Most of the substitute drivers are pretty good as well. Most of their frustration comes from either the warehouse folks or upper management decisions that affects the way they can serve the folks on their routes. I can't say the same for the folks running the FedEx routes in our area. Half of them toss the packages in the trucks with no rhyme or reason and spend five to ten minutes tossing boxes around looking for your package when they show up. "Um, do you know how big the box should be?" "I can't find it now, but if I do, I'll drop back by on my way back to town and drop it off." :evil:

One driver picked up a large JEEP off road tire and threw it into the back of the truck onto a pile of packages and a white water kayak in the truck to be delivered. No wonder the packages arrive beat up and contents damaged. He didn't last long. We finally got a decent FedEx driver, an older driver in his 60s, from a generation that was taught to take pride in the job. I called in a compliment for his work. THAT was frustrating. They must not get many of those as the girl didn't seem to know how to handle it. ;)

Is your order late?
Is your order missing?
Is your order damaged?
What is your complaint?

:evil:
2 x