Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Six Blades

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Six Blades

Post by PT7 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:57 am

After I wrote about my new Victorinox Swiss Army knife yesterday, I thought I'd pull out the rest of my blades and take some photos of my small collection. Just wanted to add these alongside those other great knife collections Henry Folk have posted here! :)

There are three "oldies," and three "newbies." [Remember to click on the pics for a "larger look"].

OLDIES [top to bottom]

~The Oldest. The knife side covers are gone on this one, which I got as a 10th birthday gift (I know, I know -- "It can't be that old!). On the knife blade it says "Imperial." No longer used for pocket carry, but 'tis a long-ago, pleasant memory of childhood.

~Pearl. There are no markings anywhere as to the brand, but the pearl handle is still very nice. And not sure the age, but surprisingly, the blades have remained quite sharp after much use.

~Red. Got this one's age pegged at just over 33 years. Gift from our second daughter. Back then we never knew how many countries this would be in, and how much service it would see. During the eighties especially, this "classic" Swiss Army Climber model did a lot of miles with me. Right now, it is often my EDC.
Oldies.JPG
NEWBIES [top to bottom]

NRA (a 2013 membership gift). There are no brand markings on this knife. I like the partial wood handle against the stainless.

NWTF engraved. When I entered a rifle raffle with the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) early this year, all raffle purchasers also got a gift knife. I really like the looks of this Sarge with the black blade and engraved wood handle. It is 8" opened, and comfortable to hold. On the backside is a metal belt clip.

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. My newest blade, and a very sharp one! :)
{Described this knife in my 7/13/11 Henry Forum Post. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1005}
This one just might take over as EDC.
Newbies.JPG
Have a great day, Everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Six Blades

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:49 am

Very nice knives, thanks for the post. This SOG Mini Trident is my everyday carry.Image
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks. I like that handle on your trident, Dutch.

Is the silver "button" in the oval slot a release that unlocks the blade?
Also, what is the angled slot toward the rear of the blade for?
This handle has an interesting configuration.
0 x

~Пока~

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:39 pm

The slot is to cut paracord or fishing line. Push the button forward and then you snap the blade open with your thumb. The other tab is to lock the blade so it doesn't accidently open if it's in your pocket or belt. The belt clip is on the other side. When it is locked it shows nothing and when you push it down it shows red, which indicates that it is ready to open. I bought it one day when I stopped at Cabela's.
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001