Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A new Victorinox Swiss Army knife

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
PT7
Drover
United States of America

A new Victorinox Swiss Army knife

Post by PT7 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:15 pm

A week ago I shared about a company I found, DLT Trading, which carries a large selection of knives. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=963 I ordered the Victorinox Swiss Army Hunter Pro from them, and had the enjoyable pleasure of opening the box today. All I can say is WOW now that I have it in hand, and that I made the perfect choice.

BTW, the CS at DLT Trading also was top-notch. I also ordered some replacement parts for my 33-year-old "classic" Swiss Army Climber model. I needed help selecting the right-sized parts, and the CS tech went out of her way to find them --- even went into their inventory shelves to double check for me. Very helpful! I am going to call the owner or manager and compliment him about this very helpful service tech I chatted with on the phone (I have her name). Reminded me of my chats with Henry techs! :)

Here are the knife specs:

•Blade Steel: High carbon stainless steel
•Blade Length: 4.0" (100 mm)
•Length Open: 9.0" (223 mm)
•Length Closed: 5.0" (130 mm)
•Weight, Knife: 5.7 oz. (162 g)
•Weight, Pouch: 1.2 oz. (34 g)
•Lifetime manufacturer warranty
•Made in: Switzerland
•The papers with the knife state the pouch is the same as issued by the Swiss Army.

Here are my first photos of the new knife and belt pouch. [Remember to click on the pictures for a "larger look"].
DSCN1324.JPG
DSCN1326.JPG
DSCN1327.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: A new Victorinox Swiss Army knife

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Sweet! Congratulations.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 pm

I think you made a great purchase there. The engraving only makes it more special to you. I hope you call about that great customer service. It's important to reward great service.

That is a very nice knife.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Great looking grip on it. Okay the whole knife looks great. :D
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:53 am

Yes, I'm very pleased with the new knife in hand, Dave, and the engraving is perfect, too.

I did call yesterday to thank DLT Trading for their great CS, and happened to chat with the same rep, Mary. I thanked her personally, and she also gave me the owner's email address so I could write to him. It will be cool to see how this all ends up.

BTW, when I called, I also had a small glitch with one of the replacement parts I bought for my older Swiss Army Knife. Mary again went out of her way to check the size and work with me on that. I'm not able to fit the new scissors spring into my knife. Her final suggestion was to review youtube videos on how to install these springs. I did that, and learned that over the last 33 years Swiss Army did change the construction of the spring. It wasn't a total surprise after that long. They actually showed the difference, and I have the newer spring and was trying to put it in the older knife. Not! :lol: So I've also found another web contact off that video, and may be able to still obtain a scissor spring for my knife. But DLT Trading CS (Mary) is what put me on the right track! It has been a good CS experience there, and I'd buy from them again without hesitation.

Have a great weekend.

daytime dave wrote:I think you made a great purchase there. The engraving only makes it more special to you. I hope you call about that great customer service. It's important to reward great service.

That is a very nice knife.
1 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm glad to hear everything went well. I think I will do business with them if I need something.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by biglever » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:21 am

I have one of there pocket knife's . it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. But it's well made and does everything I need, carry it most every day.
1 x