Wishing you all a Happy New Year in 2020

Benchmade, the way to go!

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
Koyote
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Benchmade, the way to go!

Post by Koyote » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:06 pm

I hope in the future, whenever someone posts, they could at least mention the manufacturer of their main knife instead of just saying MY KNIVES!
I am a Benchmade man, ever since my son (currently 3rd tour in A'Stan) told me that the Army issues him Benchmade's and that they had a lifetime guarantee. I had planned on buying him one, but he said not necessary, so I bought my other son a Griptillian serrated Tanto for him to use at his work.
I told him not to put away, but to use it and every time he uses it to think about me! :)
Oh, I already had a Topps Air Marshall serrated Tanto, before I discovered Benchmade.
For myself, I got a folder first. It is a Barrage serrated Tanto (I like those, so sue me!). What I like about it was the locking button on the top and the width of the handle. The Axis system makes it quick and easy to open. It is my EDC.
For a fixed blade, I got a Nimravus (yes, you guessed it) serrated Tanto and while I like the sheath, I wanted something in leather. I am waiting for a Patriot black leather sheath with black stitching (I also like black all around) with a firestarter. Should be in by end of month, I am hoping.
Sorry no pics, as all my pics are too large, something the admin should look into!
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Benchmade, the way to go!

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:14 pm

They are definitely well made and beautiful. I occasionally lose a knife and wouldn't want to lose a Benchmade. My Kershaws would be missed but easier on the wallet to replace.
But I do appreciate the quality of the Benchmade knives.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Koyote
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:40 am

Back from a 3+ yr. hiatus. I finally did get my Patriot black leather sheath. Beautiful. Came with leather tie-down. It swallows the the Benchmade Nimravus, slightly, but otherwise quite pleased with it.
I have been practicing some knife throwing, but due to my olde age, it is hard on my olde shoulder, the left (off hand) one. When it started feeling a little sore, I went into the V.A. Hospital where they took an X-ray and found that it was a little arthritic. Muscle relaxant pill and a pulley for exercise, I previously bought for a calcium deposit has helped a lot. When I practice knife throwing, at least once a day, depending on weather, I throw about 10X with each hand/arm. Yes, be sure to practice with your off hand!!!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:26 pm

if you resize your pictures to 640X480 or a similar size, they can be easily uploaded to our forum

thanks for introducing Benchmade knives .... I was totally unfamiliar with them and enjoyed looking up their brand .... guess I have pretty basic taste in knives, I prefer and carry Buck knives
0 x

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 am

Nice knives. I wouldn't refuse a Saddle Mountain Skinner.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

dasmoeturhead
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:16 am

I've got the axis flipper for EDC. It's fast opening, but heavy. It's a tank of knife and I would trust it with any chore.
0 x
H004S
Chief USCG (Ret.)