Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Summer Project

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Summer Project

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:07 pm

a little over 6 months ago a friend I've known since high school passed away .... he was married but didn't have any children .... our kids called him Uncle George and to them he was their Uncle .... when our oldest son started a family his wife's parents were deceased and they ask George and his wife to served as a second set of grandparents to their children .... George and Martha happily assumed that role and took it seriously .... George is the person who got me interested in Henry rifles .... he left is fishing, gun and knife collection to me to be distributed between our children and grandchildren .... his knife collection is shown below, none are high dollar blades but all are priceless to us .... nothing fancy, a variety of working blades .... all but the Cabela's multi tool and the Swiss Army knives are stamped made in the USA .... the Swiss Army knives are legitimate Victorinox .... can't find any stamp on the Cabela's .... the rest are made by Buck, Gerber, Schrade Walden/Old Timer, Boker, Case .... my summer project is to clean them up as needed and see that each is shaving sharp .... once that's done I plan to pass them on

picture 1 the collection with my grandfather's sharpening strap

picture 2 Cabela's

picture 3 Swiss Army

picture 4 Boker

picture 5 Schrade Walden/Old Timer

picture 6 Case

picture 7 Buck

picture 8 Gerber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Summer Project

Post by PT7 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Very sharp-looking collection. Good for you, JEBar, on cleaning, sharpening, and passing on these special keepsakes.

I especially like the Swiss Army knives, which I regularly carry. The one on the right (in pic #3) is identical to my Victorinox, except for one blade. The top one pointing straight up is a corkscrew on mine.

Thanks for posting the good pics and sharing your story!
JEBar wrote:a little over 6 months ago a friend I've known since high school passed away .... he was married but didn't have any children .... our kids called him Uncle George and to them he was their Uncle .... when our oldest son started a family his wife's parents were deceased and they ask George and his wife to served as a second set of grandparents to their children .... George and Martha happily assumed that role and took it seriously .... George is the person who got me interested in Henry rifles .... he left is fishing, gun and knife collection to me to be distributed between our children and grandchildren .... his knife collection is shown below, none are high dollar blades but all are priceless to us .... nothing fancy, a variety of working blades .... all but the Cabela's multi tool and the Swiss Army knives are stamped made in the USA .... the Swiss Army knives are legitimate Victorinox .... can't find any stamp on the Cabela's .... the rest are made by Buck, Gerber, Schrade Walden/Old Timer, Boker, Case .... my summer project is to clean them up as needed and see that each is shaving sharp .... once that's done I plan to pass them on

picture 1 the collection with my grandfather's sharpening strap

picture 2 Cabela's

picture 3 Swiss Army

picture 4 Boker

picture 5 Schrade Walden/Old Timer

picture 6 Case

picture 7 Buck

picture 8 Gerber
1 x

~Пока~

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Sorry for the loss of your friend and obviously a fine man.
His collection will certainly be appreciated for the quality of the item and more so for the bond of family.
My wife and I have a few friends whose children have grown up calling us Aunt and Uncle. No blood bond but family none the less.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:06 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:My wife and I have a few friends whose children have grown up calling us Aunt and Uncle. No blood bond but family none the less.
well understood
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:44 pm

That's a nice collection of working knives. I'm sure those who receive them will appreciate who they ultimately came from and cherish them. Hopefully they keep being passed down.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:37 am

That is a great collection. Thanks for posting and sharing the story.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater