Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Airgun Range report HW95L

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Airgun Range report HW95L

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:13 pm

My neighbor and I both bought some Weihrauch HW95 L 22 caliber spring piston airguns. They both shoot great. Heres some photos on the bench and bagged. They both have the Weihrauch 3x9 scoped on them. Shot from about 20 yards. First time I have ever shot a springer.

This target is JBS Exact14.35 grain 5 shots
IMG_1436.JPG
Next target is RWS Superpoint 14.5 gr gun really likes the RWS pellets
IMG_1437.JPG
Next target is RWS Superdome. Both of our guns really like the RWS pellets.My pistol liks these pellets also. I did shoot some of the heavier JBS pellets and they shoot good but not near as good as the RWS.
IMG_1439.JPG
I really like this gun and need to get more targets set up. My neighbor has it set so we can shoot across both back yards and and we can get about 55 yards when we open up the gate. Need to order more pellets which are as hard to come by now as regular ammo. Sure was a fun Monday in the backyard after work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Airgun Range report HW95L

Post by GFK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:04 am

I typically shoot about 20 yards in my backyard as well. Since I got the new pellet trap, I have been thinking about stretching it a few more yards. I probably do about 25 yards, which is decent for a handgun.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:27 am

RWS makes good ammo for sure. Looks like you did fantastic at the range AL.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:47 am

Nice shootin', Al!

Squirrels, beware!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 am

Outstanding, Al. I've been looking forward to your report on the HW. That's some great springer shooting. Very impressive.

A hint on pellet types. Once I move past 35 yards or so, the most accurate pellets for me have been domed pellets, no exceptions. Superpoints/spire points and hollow points do well out to 35 yards, but at 50 yards, it's all domed pellets. Be sure to try some H&N FTTs, too if you can find some. A few of our HWs like them the best. H&N, JSBs and RWS have always been my go to brands, but Crosman domed pellets can also be very accurate. The problem with the Crosman pellets has always been consistency/QC. It can vary a lot with the pellets that come in tins, so try to find the bulk versions that come in the brown cardboard boxes. Those tend to be more consistent for me.

Definitely try some 50 yard shooting. It will be a learning experience about the need for excellent shooting conditions and proper technique. That extra 15 yards past 35 yards is akin to scaling Mt. Everest in an air rifle. The slightest breeze or even air instability will open up groups.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Thanks for the insight NCG. I will be giving that a try for sure maybe this weekend. Finding pellets right now is fun. I ordered a bunch with my gun before the craziness started. Right now cannot find much of anything in pellets. I wanted to try the H&N's when I bought my gun but they were out of them in March.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Great shooting Sir it appears that you have the touch for the springer.
I have ordered from pyramid air in the past. You might find what you need here.
https://www.pyramydair.com/pellets
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Glad you got your rifle. I did not get the suppressor and don't have any comparison for the difference. Mine is a bit loud but it is very accurate at 20 yards. All I have is H&N field target trophy pellets that I ordered with the gun and I like them but I am looking to get some RWS to have a comparison. Enjoy your range.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:50 pm

Found some H&N at airgun depot. Bought a couple tins to try. Seabee I looked there and they were out but thanks for the link. Neighbor had an issue with the scope that came with his gun. Told him to call Airguns of AZ. The front ring of the parallax adjustment collar broke loose. Its just flopping around on the scope when shot. They called him back today and no questions asked there sending him a brand new scope. Kudos to the customer service of Airguns of Az.
1 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55