Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

airguns for keeping you aim sharp

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Roland the Headless
Tenderfoot
United States of America

airguns for keeping you aim sharp

Post by Roland the Headless » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 pm

I found a few 760 crosman pellet guns for real cheap. So I figured I would set a small range in my basement.
A hunk of tin,a few pieces of scrap wood and I was in business
I was ripping up cans like they were paper... hmm paper how could put up a target for groping and sighting in ...
I have a bunch of styrofoam from another project.
(ask me about my boat sometime) So I found a box that the chunks of foam fit in perfectly.
It stops pellets so gently that one could shoot them again though I wouldn't recommend it.
I have reduced my groups down from over thumb to smaller than a pinkie.
So if that wasn't enough, I made some spinners from spoons, washers, pvc pipe, and a chunk of steel rod.
I had to put target stickers on the spoons because all you could is a shiny line.
If you can find a 760 or a similar air gun, one can cheaply work on one's shooting skills while having a bunch of fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x
paddle or pan see ya on the creek
.22 Henry .22 Wrangler
.357 Taurus old style m66 4in
.327 Taurus m 327 2in .327 Henry .327 Single 7
.38 spl S&W 642 CCW

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: airguns for keeping you aim sharp

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:36 am

Great tips. Thank-you for posting about airguns, too.

Great example of how you don't have to spend big bucks to get an airgun you can shoot, accurately. I have a friend who wanted to have an airgun, handy, for shooting in her backyard. She didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I told her to just go to Walmart and get a Crosman 760 pump air rifle. That way she could vary the power by changing the number of pumps, have a gun that is easy and very affordable to shoot. Told her, specifically, not to get a piston gun that advertises a lot of power and will be hard to shoot with accuracy. Wally also sells those. Just stay with the 760 and have something fun and easy to shoot.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 pm

Still waiting on mine to come in. But lookin forward to when it does.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm

That is a nice idea. I was thinking something similar and broke down yesterday and ordered this:
https://www.amazon.com/Highwild-Bullet- ... ds&sr=1-11
BulletTrap.jpg

It is for .22/.17 rimfires. So, I figured it would work for my Crosman 1377C. I was looking for something that I could use in the backyard and catch pellets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 pm

I have several bullet traps rated for 22 LR that I use for the air rifles. Work great.
1 x