Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I finally did it

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

I finally did it

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:52 pm

I ordered a Weihrauch HW95L field pro today in 22 caliber. Cant wait to get it. My neighbor and I are going to set up some ranges through our yards. It should be a blast.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: I finally did it

Post by Vaquero » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:25 pm

Sorry Al, I had to goggle it. :lol:
Not real familiar with the air guns.
But I should because my grandsons are getting of age. ;)

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:44 pm

Check out Airguns of Arizona they have them on there website and thats where I bought it.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:02 pm

Thanks.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:16 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:52 pm
I ordered a Weihrauch HW95L field pro today in 22 caliber. Cant wait to get it. My neighbor and I are going to set up some ranges through our yards. It should be a blast.
Thinking about and air rifle so I was wondering why you chose this one.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi Ernie
I chose Weihrauch because of alot of research that I did myself. Not only thru reviews but our own North Country Gal who also says they are a quality gun and will last a lifetime. If you are asking why that model. I chose it because its light enough to shoot off hand and it comes with a decent scope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRflBLpG3eo Here is a youtube video on one. There using the .177 I chose the 22...

I ordered mine through Airguns of AZ. Nice people to talk to and they seem to have good customer service should you need that. They will also mount the scope and sight it in for you on there 20 yard range.
2 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Thank you for the information. I looked at them yesterday and was impressed. I am not sure about the caliber I would want, I can see advantages for both and of course lean toward the 22 but NCG makes a good point on accuracy of the .177.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Maybe she will also chime in here along with Dave. They both like it when airgun threads are going. And of course Sir Henry is an airgun lover to.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Darn right I will chime in. That is a great airgun, Al. Love the 95s. They have the power of the under lever HWs, but are lighter and more manageable, especially for carrying or shooting offhand. I like the fancier L (Luxus) version, too, with its nicer stock. 177 or 22 is fine. Both have some advantages. The larger 22 cal pellets are easier to grab and load and less likely to get dropped via fumbling when you try to load them. The larger and heavier 22 cal pellets tame the recoil a bit, too, compared to the lighter 177 pellets. Try a variety pf pellets, but the H&N FTTs or the JSB Exacts are the two most popular pellets for any HW. Have bought a lot of airguns from AOA. They are the official dealer for HWs in this country.

Couple of helpful hints for breaking in a new springer. Figure a couple tins of pellets to smooth out the action a bit and for accuracy to get more consistent. Also, make it habit of checking action screws for tightness before every session with any springer, but especially when new during the break in period. When the action screws work loose, POI can change and accuracy can get erratic. If accuracy starts go fo south or POI starts to drift during a shooting session, check the action screws for tightness.

You may get a bit of dieseling at first, every now and then. No big deal, but it is very loud. This is caused by excess lubrication at the factory igniting. No big deal, it will disappear pretty quick. You'll also noticed the burnt smell from the hot lube. This, too, disappears, eventually.

Trigger weight is adjustable on the HWs via the screw behind the trigger. Loosen to lighten. Can be hard to loosen up, out of the box, so be sure to use a properly sized screw driver. Sometimes the adjustment screw can loosen a bit on its own and get to the point where the action won't cock. No big deal. Just tighten a half turn or so.

Just holler if you have any questions. Congrats, once again.
3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:12 pm

Thanks NCG for the advice and chiming in with the gun info. I started putting together the backyard pellet range should be fun. I have big fingers so the 22 cal are easier for me in that respect but I just like 22 cal better. The pellets you suggested are the exact pellets I have requested be sent with the gun. Like I mentioned cant wait to get it.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55