Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My neglected air gun collection....

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

My neglected air gun collection....

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:42 am

Haven't shot them in a good while. The big beastly Hatsan Carnivore 135 .30 cal up top followed by the Hatsan .25 cal...heavy plinkers!
The XS28M .177 cal an excellent shooter. Walther .177 lever rifle...very sweet shooter. My 53 yr. old Crosman M1 BB Carbine...classic Christmas present from the 60's! The crazy Russian built Droid BB machine pistol...drinks gas and BB's :lol:
And various pellet/BB handguns.
Oh and almost forgot my crazy double barreled "Frankengun" Gamo based 22/Shotgun the Deuce 22! :shock: :D

Need to take a few of these down to my range one day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

GaHenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: My neglected air gun collection....

Post by GaHenryFan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:28 pm

I love my airguns too. I probably have a dozen or more scattered around my place. My latest is a Benjamin Marauder pistol that I added shroud extension to. Oh boy, is it quiet! I bought an NOE mold that casts a 30gr 22 caliber slug last year, and my Gamo Urban shoots them well out to about 60 yards. There are so many facets to this shooting hobby, and I really feel like anyone that doesn't add an airgun or two into the mix is missing out.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Nice to have a couple more airgun shooters with us. We have a beautiful airgun collection, too. In fact, we have more airguns than any other type of guns in our overall gun collection and our most expensive guns just happen to be airguns, though we also have a lot of the very affordable stuff, too.

We also have a nice backyard range with distances out to 50 yards to shoot our airguns and, now that it's getting cold, we move more and more to our indoor 10 meter range.

My favorites and the ones I shoot the most are our spring piston guns by HW, RWS and Air Arms. Here's one of our beauties in the AA TX200
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:21 pm

All I have is an old Daisy.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Plus while shooting you can get a good arm workout cocking the big caliber break barrels. That 30 takes a good 60 lbs. of force to cock!
1 x

GaHenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by GaHenryFan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 pm

I use a hand pump for my pcps, so I get a good workout too. 😜
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:06 pm

I only have one. An old Sheridan pump. I love it though. It is a squirrels nightmare. Challenging to pump after 6 or 7, which I rarely do anyway.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:22 pm

I use a pump on my Steyr LP-10 10 meter pistol. It came with a special pump for that purpose. It runs on very small volume cylinders, so 50 pumps does a fill. However, since this is a very sophisticated 10 meter air pistol that shoots at only 500 fps, I get 150 shots per fill.

I can use a pump on our Benjamin Discovery, since as PCP rifles go, it runs at a very low 2000 psi. Using a Benjamin pump, it also takes 50 pumps to fill. On the other hand, that only gives me 20 or so good shots per fill. That's why I go with a scuba tank most of the time on this one.

For those of you who aren't familiar with what an air rifle can do, I should add that those are 20 really good shots from this very affordable PCP rifle.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:47 pm

And those classic pump ups with the right pellet can do it, too. You're right, Mark, these Sheridans can be a squirrel's nightmare. Back in the day, I used a Sheridan for a lot of squirrel hunting.

1984 vintage Sheridan Blue Streak with peep sight.

1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:13 pm

Thanks for ALL the pics NCG! and thanks for showing the Sheridan and capability via the target. My interest in air guns has definitely woken up because of your many posts on them. LOTS of fun!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry