Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good old Sheridan

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Good old Sheridan

Post by markiver54 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 pm

After I use the cheap Benjies I just got not long ago, I'm going to try some of the recommended ones by Henry and NCG. I think the old Sheridan deserves a treat.. :D , thank you!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Top Dog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Top Dog » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:02 pm

I am new to this forum but do have three Sheridans aged from the early 60s,mid 70s and the last in at about 1983. Pleased with each and every one of htem.

I had installed the Williams peep sights on them.

May I suggest Predator Polymag pellets for hunting?? They are quite accurate in all my airguns and the terminal performance is outstanding.

Top Dog
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:57 pm

May I suggest Predator Polymag pellets for hunting?? They are quite accurate in all my airguns and the terminal performance is outstanding.

Top Dog
Thanks for your input TD!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Top Dog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Top Dog » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:09 am

I have a couple of suppressors for my air rifles. One for my Benjamin Discovery and the other for my Air Force Condor. Keep the pellets subsonic and there is no sound.
Unfortunately in m state,suppressors are not allowed for hunting.

So far,airgun suppressors are not NFA so you do not need a tax stamp and lengthy wait for it.

Top Dog
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:52 am

No doubt about it, a PCP with a moderator/suppressor is so quiet as to be almost spooky. Can actually throw you a bit after you've been shooting other kinds of airguns.
0 x

Top Dog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Top Dog » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 am

Northcountrygal,
I see that you are from WI. Anywhere near Elkhorn??? I heard about the Beast From Bray Road in that area.

Figured I might take a trip out there to try to have an "encounter". I don't think that an air gun would help in that situation!!!!

Getting back to air gun suppressors, It seems to me that they tend to increase accuracy.

Top Dog
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:35 am

No, that's down in the tropical southern part of Wisconsin. We're way up here in the north woods, a little over an hour south of Lake Superior in the Wisconsin lake country. We do have the Hodag, however, a beast that roams the vast expenses of our northern forests.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:38 am

As for the suppressors, yes, they can improve accuracy. Most top end PCP air guns also feature baffling to smooth out the burst of air upon discharge. Actually, the most sophisticated guns in the world of any kind are competition PCP air guns and they have price tags to match.
0 x

Top Dog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Top Dog » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:20 am

Northcountrygal,
Yes,I agree,a look at the price tag on some of those competition air guns are really impressive!!!

I will just stick with my Sheridans,Benjamin and Air Force Air guns. They suit me just fine.

In my area,pigeons and starlings are open game and not regulated. Just perfect for them is the suppressed Benjamin. Does not disturb the cows out in the pen or in the barn. Using non lead pellets pretty much seals the deal when you approach the rancher/dairy farmer offering to rid the pests.

Top Dog
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:51 am

In my area,pigeons and starlings are open game and not regulated. Just perfect for them is the suppressed Benjamin. Does not disturb the cows out in the pen or in the barn. Using non lead pellets pretty much seals the deal when you approach the rancher/dairy farmer offering to rid the pests.

Top Dog
Gotta be very stealthy with those dang Starlings. They are like mini crows, in the smarts department!
Part of the fun though. :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry