Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My old pal, my old Sheridan

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

My old pal, my old Sheridan

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Well, she's old (the gun and me, both) and she was a bit rusty (not me, just the gun) when I found it in a pawn shop, but the rust was easy to remove. Stock could use some refinishing, too, and I may just get around to that, but I bought this Sheridan Blue Streak just to shoot, not to sit around, looking pretty (have other Sheridans that fill that bill). Wears a cheap Nikko 4x air rifle scope, but to get the scope close enough to my eye, had to cheat and go with two rings in the front. The Blue Streak doesn't mind if it looks a little odd, though, and neither do I. Like I said, this one's just for shooting.

Started off with this target for the sake of scoring, but just for kicks (or maybe because I was too lazy to get up and change targets), I decided to see if I could shoot out all the white in the target. The problem was, the darn Blue Streak just kept wanting to send the pellets through the same hole (though a couple tried to escape. :)). Not sure of the exact shot count, but it was definitely in that 40 ballpark (and my tired arms would agree).

As always, no air gun post of mine is complete without my usual air gun sales pitch, so here goes ... if you want an air gun that you can shoot just like your 22 rifle, no special technique, needed, then get yourself a pump air rifle or air pistol. Sheridans are getting a little pricey, now, but still all kinds of Benjamins and Crosmans, around, both old and new, that won't cost you much to bring home and even less (way less) to shoot. Shoot them right at home, indoors or out, quiet,too, accurate, fun, last forever, uncomplicated, easy to use, become a better shooter in a few easy sessions ...

Now that wasn't so bad, was it? :)
5 x

Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: My old pal, my old Sheridan

Post by Abnermal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 pm

How did you mount the scope?
0 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:23 pm

That's a vintage Sheridan barrel mount you could buy, back in the day. Takes regular 22 rings. Can still find them on line or at gun shows, but like everything else, Sheridan, prices are going up. There's a couple outfits making new and better mounts for the Sheridans, now, but they're even more expensive.
1 x

Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Abnermal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Might be like looking for hens teeth but I'll keep my eyes peeled.
0 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Ok, what happened to the one at bottom right? ....

Just kidding.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:03 pm

That one wasn't too naughty about staying put. It's that guy up in the 8 ring that needs some talking to. :)
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 pm

oh ya, missed that one....my old eyes I guess! haha
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50