Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Home Range Report

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Home Range Report

Post by daytime dave » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Old School............literally. lol.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
ditto1958 wrote:SH, I don't like the new range at all. Seriously, where is the coffee? I'm hoping there's some at the shooting bench.
Wait till you see the shooting bench. :D

DSCN3257.JPG
DSCN3261.JPG
Now we're talkin'.

Hey, wait a minute That was my desk when I was in 5th grade!!
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm

daytime dave wrote:Old School............literally. lol.
If only my old school desk had an air rifle on it! It might have provided Sister Mary Xavier with a bit of extra time to think about what she was doing before she began to verbally abuse pretty much everyone in the class. As Paul Simon sang, "It's a wonder I can think at all!"
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

LeverLover
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by LeverLover » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 am

I have to be careful where I setup my resetting steel target. The pellets ricochet and hit my garage one day.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:29 am

LeverLover wrote:I have to be careful where I setup my resetting steel target. The pellets ricochet and hit my garage one day.
Definitely. Anyone who uses steel targets for pellets needs to be aware of the ricochet issue. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Never use a steel target, indoors.

A pellet ricochets when it hits a glancing blow and fails to flatten. The worst culprits for pellet ricochets are the tiny, very light steel spinner targets designed for air guns. These have produced the most ricochets for me. I don't recommend ever using them in a situation where a ricochet is a serious issue. I only use them, outdoors, and we have no close neighbors or buildings to worry about.

Heavy steel reactive targets have produced the fewest ricochets for me, but, of course, they still need to be light enough to work for a given distance and gun power level. Even heavy steel can produce a ricochet, though, if you shoot at one from an angle. If you're careful to shoot at them, face on, ricochets are rare.
1 x