Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New Toy - This is Sig

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: New Toy - This is Sig

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Just checked the specs on this beauty on Pyramyd Air. It lists at a maximum of 410 fps.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 pm

That's about standard for one of these blowback co2 guns.

Where are these made?

I can't hit the websites right now...............
0 x

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 am

I got mine right from the Sig Sauer web site.

It was on sale -$10.00 and a free pistol bag. I just got in under the deadline. That offer ended 7-2 and the price is back up to 109.99. Some sales are real.

Yeah, I'd seen that 410 FPS. Let me tell you that is quite enough to go completely through 4 pieces of shipping cardboard as a box inside another box. The larger box being 26" side to side and the inside box being 14X14. I'm glad I used a small piece of old paneling for the wallboard protection. That shot was at approx. 8 feet. lol

On a side note, I've seen many look a like striker fire style BB pistols and most were all cheaper than what I paid and I thought I was getting a deal. I'm somewhat of a push over it would seem.
0 x
Bish

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:15 am

That 400-500 fps range is pretty much a standard for all air pistols, though there are a few designed for actual hunting that offer more power. More power, though, comes with some sacrifices. It's a trade off.

With CO2 pistols, that power is kept low for the sake of number of shots. You could design a CO2 pistol to develop more velocity, but you'd sacrifice number of shots and go through CO2 cylinders at a very high rate.

Best bet for power in in an air pistol are some PCP pistols, but, again, number of shots become an issue because the air reservoir on a PCP pistol is much smaller than on a PCP rifle. Some of these, however, are actually designed for hunting.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Could you tell me what the over all quality of the Sig manufactured gun is like compared to a Umarex?
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:55 pm

One of those would sure work in my backyard.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 am

daytime dave wrote:Could you tell me what the over all quality of the Sig manufactured gun is like compared to a Umarex?

I can't give you a comparison since I don't have a Umarex that I'm aware of.

I will say that there is nothing "chincy" about this Sig. Nice finish, all parts are machined correctly with no rough edges. Everything fits nicely with little to no slop on any moving parts.

All in all, I'm very impressed with this gun but again, I don't have anything to compare it to except my other BB pistol which I've had for over 20 years. It's a pumper. I've posted pictures of it before. It, too, is a very nice pistol, if my opinion matters at all. lol.
1 x
Bish