Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A new favorite Daisy Avanti 747

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

A new favorite Daisy Avanti 747

Post by daytime dave » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:02 am

I will admit, I have only fired the gun a total of six times. It has jumped to the top of the cool list here at the man cave. It has the best out of the box trigger I could ask for. The sights are dead on. The first three shots were cleaning wad pellets.

The other three were german wadcutter target pellets. I was trying, but not too hard. I was in a hurry, as usual, and just wanted to fire the darn thing.

I found one brand new, in the box. I paid a slight premium, but hey, they aren't making anymore of them.

This is a great gun. It is joining my other two Avanti Rifles. All great shooters. I'm already looking for wooden grips, but not having much luck.
3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: A new favorite Daisy Avanti 747

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:09 am

Good for you, Dave. That 747 trigger really is sweet. We picked up a used 747 at a gun show, couple years, back. Had a broken rear sight (the thing is plastic), so I just put a red dot on it and called it good. That trigger was really a surprise. Was not expecting a decent trigger at this price point, but found it to be very good. Accuracy, too. Definitely a best buy for a 10 meter air pistol. Shame it's gone, now. Enjoy.
1 x

JNG3
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JNG3 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Lucky dog! I own a 747 that will only be sold over my dead body. Would like to find another NIB.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 pm

I know exactly how you feel Dave. Mine puts a big smile on my face every time I squeeze the trigger.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)