Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Airgun on Walmart rang the bell

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Airgun on Walmart rang the bell

Post by Henry88 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Hey gang.

So since my Umarex Surge bit the dust after about 3K shots though still covered by the 3 yr warranty I would rather dig into it and see what my options are that spending $$$ on shipping to send it back to Umarex in AR.

BTW, they replaced my P-08 Legends out of warranty and shipped a new one in a display box like the new one on their $$. But as you know each case is unique, and they make the decision after the gun arrives at their facility. We are not dealing with Henry, but Umarex has been good.

UPS amd FEDEX are outragious because they ship for the big companies for nothing and then charge $$$ for the private sector.

Your best bet it USPS but the return shipping is in the hands of Umarex. They didn't charge me last time but ?

I don't want to spend $40 to replace this rifle.

Point is, I rather tear the diana 34 clone apart and find out what I can put in this chinese clone from using parts fronm pyramydair or maybe Steve Archer, than send it back to Umarex.

So Henry88 what is your point?

Walmart online dropped the price of the Walther Terrus wood to $144. I couldn't resist the oportunity to buy a German made gun for this price.

Flip Wilson and "the Devil" made me buy this gun.

Range report to follow :D
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Airgun on Walmart rang the bell

Post by tx gunrunner » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:37 am

If your going to buy a air gun this is the only place to get one . They service and warrant the stuff they sell . They test fire the guns for you and always have sales . They have everything for airgun and very knowledge people ... I think NCG will agree me .

http://www.pyramydair.com/
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 am

Congratulations on your new Walther air rifle! Image

What caliber did you go for?
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 am

tx gunrunner wrote:If your going to buy a air gun this is the only place to get one . They service and warrant the stuff they sell . They test fire the guns for you and always have sales . They have everything for airgun and very knowledge people ... I think NCG will agree me .

http://www.pyramydair.com/
That 7.5" Colt SA is real nice, so are the 1875 Remington and Schofield revolvers.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Yeah, Pyramid is tough to beat. Been my source for most of my new airguns and ammo.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:43 pm

I've used them and Baker Airguns. Dennis and his staff can repair just about anything and he has gotten me some hard to find stuff. They are both first class outfits.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Les wrote:Congratulations on your new Walther air rifle! Image

What caliber did you go for?
Hey Les, I went for the .177 as that is what I already have, and have all kinds of pellets.

I bought my last gun from Pyramid, about two months ago; did a report on here about it, the Beeman badged QB78.

The thing is, Pyramid's price is $239 for the same gun, vs $144. Honestly I was going to go the Pyramid route, but with a wood RWS 34 which is $299.

I still want to get the 34 from Pyramid, but this will keep me occupied the rest of the year, as far as springers go, and I finally have an airgun that isn't made in Asia,not that there's anything wrong with that :D
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon May 01, 2017 9:07 pm

I'll be interested to hear your reports about it's quality. It looks to be a good deal for sure.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Hey Guys, I'm starting to smell a rat on this one.

Even though my orders says it should arrive tomorrow, it's still stuck on "processing"

BTW, the price of the gun has gone up $29 since I ordered. I think the price was a mistake.

Even at it's current price of $173 it's a steal. Pyrmamid's price of $239 would be normal and SRP is over $300.

A while back I bought a set of Redfield binoculars Walmart Online for $26 (SRP was $100) and they honored that one.

These are basically mistakes, the Walmart site is full of them. I just keep looking until I fine one.

I guess this time we'll see if it payed off..............
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:02 am

Ok, kind of left this thread hanging,

So the airgun, a Walther Terrus has MSRP of $300, sells on Pyramid for $240, Walmart is about $215, etc..........

I see it on Walmart for $144, obvious mistake and buy it. Ended up getting the gun. It was shipped in the box only to the store but arrived with the box and the gun undamaged.

I am so busy right now have not even had a chance to clean and shoot it.

Maybe this weekend :)
0 x