Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My Silver Streak

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: My Silver Streak

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:14 pm

You're very welcome.

Love the avatar. That's one of my favorite movies.
0 x

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:24 am

We had 2 of these growing up. One was a Silver Streak and one was a Blue streak.

Both were Sheridan’s in 5mm.

I can’t remember which had the peep and which had the open sights. My father cut off one of the stocks to shorten the LOP for us kids and the stock moved from gun to gun occasionally.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:02 am

PatientWolf wrote:We had 2 of these growing up. One was a Silver Streak and one was a Blue streak.

I can’t remember which had the peep and which had the open sights. My father cut off one of the stocks to shorten the LOP for us kids and the stock moved from gun to gun occasionally.

In the early days, you could order your Sheridan with a peep as a factory option, with Sheridan drilling at tapping the gun at the factory for the peep. Starting in the mid 80s, Benjamin/Sheridan just started drilling and tapping all guns at the factory. Then, too, a lot of owners had their guns drilled and tapped for a peep on their own.

Although you can certainly add a scope mount to these classic Sheridan and Benjamin pumps, I think the ideal sight is still the peep. Stocks on these guns aren't scope friendly and scopes often do interfere with the operation of the gun.

Here's our 1985 vintage Bluestreak, which, as I mentioned, was late enough to have come from the factory drilled and tapped for the peep, so, of course, I wasted no time in adding the Williams peep.

0 x

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
PatientWolf wrote:We had 2 of these growing up. One was a Silver Streak and one was a Blue streak.

In the early days, you could order your Sheridan with a peep as a factory option, with Sheridan drilling at tapping the gun at the factory for the peep. Starting in the mid 80s, Benjamin/Sheridan just started drilling and tapping all guns at the factory. Then, too, a lot of owners had their guns drilled and tapped for a peep on their own.

Although you can certainly add a scope mount to these classic Sheridan and Benjamin pumps, I think the ideal sight is still the peep. Stocks on these guns aren't scope friendly and scopes often do interfere with the operation of the gun.

Here's our 1985 vintage Bluestreak, which, as I mentioned, was late enough to have come from the factory drilled and tapped for the peep, so, of course, I wasted no time in adding the Williams peep.

Ours dated from the late 60s or early 70s. Before Benjamin was involved. I guess you could call those the early days. :)
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:44 am

The 60s, definitely. One of the things I love about the Sheridan story is the way Benjamin acquired Sheridan. Benjamin moved right into the Racine plant and continued to make Sheridans, as well as Benjamins, side by side.
0 x