Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Crosman 3622 inexpensive PCP

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Crosman 3622 inexpensive PCP

Post by daytime dave » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:40 pm

I wanted to share my new 3622 .22 caliber Crosman PCP rifle. I was on Gateway to Airguns and saw a thread about the new 3622 shipping. It had a discount code for 20% off, so that sealed the deal. I ordered one at Crosman.com. I got my confirmation emails and then the shipping email. It shipped on Wednesday and arrived on Thursday. Rather, something arrived on Thursday. As some may have seen in another thread, I opened the box and this is what was inside:

I had no idea what it was, but it wasn't an air rifle and I was pretty sure Crosman didn't make it.
I called Crosman on Friday morning. I spoke to a wonderful woman who asked for photographs. I sent her some and she called back within minutes. Another rifle would be sent. She was great. The rifle arrived today, which is the next day. Crosman is in Upstate NY also.

The rifle is just what it says it is, an entry level PCP rifle. It is mostly polymer. It is light weight and has the typical simple sights that come on the 1377/1322 product line. I am familiar with them and it only took four shots to get them lined up properly.
There is no gauge on the rifle, to keep cost down I would assume. There is a gauge on my hand pump, so all I have to do is keep track of my shots to know when to fill up. It says it will get about 25 per fill. I pumped it up and got some .22 pellets. It was just a fun rifle to shoot. The trigger is not adjustable and is plastic, but functioned just fine. It wasn't too heavy and it is fairly smooth. There is a removable hood over the front sight. The fill nipple is covered by a very spartan and simple rubbery cover. It was simple and pretty functional.
I put the rifle next to my 2289 and 392 multi-pump rifles for a comparison shot. I carried it into the back pasture for a while and it was nice and light. I think it will make a great pest and hunting gun. It's light enough to carry around a lot. I'll have to shoot it to see what pellets it likes best soon.
As the instruction manual shows, a .177 caliber should be coming out soon. I'll probably get one of those too. Crosman also makes almost all of their air guns here at their factory in NY. What's not to like?

3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Crosman 3622 inexpensive PCP

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:29 pm

Dave, I am impressed, though not surprised at this point. I long ago learned that even budget PCP rifles can be amazingly accurate and powerful. Yeah, I shoot mostly springers and love them, but I also shoot PCP, everything from my old Benjamin Disco .22 cal PCP which cost me $150 with a pump all the way up to our very pricey Daystate PCPs.

Another thing I've learned shooting Crosman pumps, CO2 and PCPs is that they really do tend to like Crosman pellets. That's another plus, because I can buy Crosman pellets cheap and find them, locally.

Do let us know how the new Crosman shoots for you.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Great to hear they stepped up to the plate and sent a replacement.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm

So, going with the good luck lately, it was partly cloudy and 52F outside. I had a few moments and set up a paper plate behind the deck. I had just put the meatballs in the oven to bake, so I had 20 minutes. I took a hunting pack of .22 Crosman pellets. I shot three of each at a circle of about 1 1/2". The pellets get heavier as they go clockwise, starting with the pointed ones. The pie plate was shot in the same clockwise order. I did call a Mulligan on the last quarter, last shot, which I blew because I was willing it into the group I made with the two of them. The do over shot proved these were the favorite pellet. I think they were the heaviest too. The distance was about 20 yds. I sort of rested my arm on the top of the smoker I have on the deck. I think they are the domed magnums.

It will be a great pesting / hunting pcp I think.

3 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 pm

Looking good, Dave. Hey, how did you get that tree to grow to hold a pie plate like that? :)
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:59 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 pm
Looking good, Dave. Hey, how did you get that tree to grow to hold a pie plate like that? :)
It was one of my grand-daughters "sticks". She has to have at least one on most outdoor adventures.

I saw that one and knew the plate had to be affixed to it.
1 x