Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Byrna pistol

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Byrna pistol

Post by markiver54 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:53 am

Anyone familiar with these?
Kinda cool concept.
20231124_114607_001.jpg
And sold on Amazon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Byrna pistol

Post by Travlin » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:46 pm

Somehow the words non lethal and home defense don't seem to go together to me.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:51 am

Travlin wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:46 pm
Somehow the words non lethal and home defense don't seem to go together to me.
Agreed... A couple of the models are designated " LE " for law enforcement though. I wonder if any have actually been sold to an agency. 🤔
It would require a holster and I don't think I would want it instead of my duty weapon. :?
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:21 pm

The .68 cal solid balls each weigh 3 grams (47 grains).

https://www.amazon.com/Byrna-Kinetic-Pr ... B09GCBW2LF

At "up to" 300 fps, that will sting a bunch on bare skin or poke his eye out, but the actual energy is just 9 ft lbs. On a cold day you won't get nearly 300 fps, nor will you get any fps at all if the CO2 cartridge leaks. You could throw the gun. If your attacker is dressed in anything but shorts, you won't ever deter him. If he is a doper zombie, you need a firearm, period, a big one.... I carry a Kimber PepperBlaster II as a backup/ dog deterrent. Only two shots but it won't fail. I have no clue about the Byrna pepper balls. If they are supposed to shatter on impact, then they have to be delivered pretty accurately.... head shots at 20 feet? Not very likely...

I carry a Kimber PepperBlaster II as a backup/ dog deterrent. Only two shots but it won't fail.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/pepper-blaster

John Davies
Spokane WA
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:32 pm

Thanks John for your input and the links. I figured you might pipe in on this one.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:37 pm

68 caliber solid balls 47grains? What solid styrofoam?
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 pm

I guess that it could be compared to mace. Like mace, you could just make someone angry though. I remember using it once, while a correctional officer. About five minutes later, the man stopped doing what he was doing. Afterward, he told me that I did not have to use so much. Yet, he would not stop fighting with another person. Both had mirror injuries. If a homemade knife was used, which I had found a few, the other person would probably had worse injuries. So, mace is not my first choice for home defense.
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm

John E Davies wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:21 pm

At "up to" 300 fps, that will sting a bunch on bare skin or poke his eye out, but the actual energy is just 9 ft lbs. On a cold day you won't get nearly 300 fps, nor will you get any fps at all if the CO2 cartridge leaks. You could throw the gun. If your attacker is dressed in anything but shorts, you won't ever deter him. If he is a doper zombie, you need a firearm, period, a big one.... I carry a Kimber PepperBlaster II as a backup/ dog deterrent. Only two shots but it won't fail. I have no clue about the Byrna pepper balls. If they are supposed to shatter on impact, then they have to be delivered pretty accurately.... head shots at 20 feet? Not very likely...

I carry a Kimber PepperBlaster II as a backup/ dog deterrent. Only two shots but it won't fail.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Can you purchase "refills" of some sort for these? This looks interesting. Thanks.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:29 pm

Rifletom wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm
John E Davies wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:21 pm

John Davies
Spokane WA
Can you purchase "refills" of some sort for these? This looks interesting. Thanks.
If you are referring to the PepperBlaster II, no, it is disposable.
John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:52 pm

Ok, thanks.
0 x