Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Premium BB’s and targets

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Premium BB’s and targets

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm

I received the Winchester 94 BB gun a few days ago. I want to see what it can do at 15 feet just like I did with the Red Ryder. I bought some premium bb’s and will also do a report on them. And I bought some metal silhouette targets.
F3391C43-1C12-4CE1-BC70-C52E061DF631.jpeg
I paid about $5 for 6,000 Copperheads and $8 for 1,500 Umarex steel bb’s. I have some lead bb’s on back order. Both the guns in this picture are made by Umarex so the premium ammo was made for them.

I want to build a cowboy style shooting arcade similar to fortys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Premium BB’s and targets

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:45 pm

I think that's a great idea, Gene. We use the same AG silhouettes and they really go flying when hit. They're actually our favorite steel targets, even though it's a hassle to keep setting them back up. Doesn't take much to knock them over, either, so pretty sure a BB gun up close would do the job. I'd be careful with steel BBs, though, as far as ricochets. The lead BBs would be prefect, though.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:45 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:45 pm
I think that's a great idea, Gene. We use the same AG silhouettes and they really go flying when hit. They're actually our favorite steel targets, even though it's a hassle to keep setting them back up. Doesn't take much to knock them over, either, so pretty sure a BB gun up close would do the job. I'd be careful with steel BBs, though, as far as ricochets. The lead BBs would be prefect, though.
The instructions said to tie a brightly colored string to them so you can find them.

I have low ricochet bb’s and the lead ones that weigh in at 7.1 instead of the 5.1 of steel. They should be here tomorrow.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:49 am

I use a piece of dental floss on our silhouettes. Works pretty slick. I also set them up with our backstop behind them so they can't travel too far when hit. Hitting those little chickens at 30 yards without using a rest is a real challenge.
1 x