Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Dan Wesson Co2 revolver......

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Dan Wesson Co2 revolver......

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:57 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am
Took it out yesterday and tried to get some shots on a paper plate target with a 1 1/2 inch center bulls eye. Ha...not much luck from 15 ft. with BB's scattering all over the plate. Didn't remember it shooting so wild. Think I could do better blowing the BB out of a straw! Oh well.
My Red Ryder can get a 1.5” group at 15’. I shoot at paper next time.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:01 pm

I had an original Daisy Model 25 smoothbore BB gun when I was a young teenager, and we all shot at small stuff in the basement, like bottle caps. It had a rear peep sight and I recall that I was a regular Annie Oakley, but my memories are probably more than a little bit off after fifty five years.... No eye protection either, it is a wonder I can see at all.

Neat rifle, though the scissors action could really hurt your fingers.

"In his excellent book Gas, Air And Spring Guns Of The World, WHB Smith tells of Daisy’s early days of Model 25 production, when it was eager to sell it air rifle to the Chinese. Because of the 25’s resemblance to a firearm, the Chinese were concerned that it might be dangerously powerful. In response, a novel way was proposed to demonstrate the rifle’s low power, which involved using the Daisy salesman’s backside as a target. Smith reckons that Daisy’s man couldn’t sit down for a day or two – wild times, distant places!"

https://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/featur ... -model-25/

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:04 pm

My old Crosman M1 Carbine BB rifle will put them right in there too!
0 x