Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Back yard/indoor springer, Slavia 631 Lux

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Back yard/indoor springer, Slavia 631 Lux

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:52 pm

Just to show you how you can find some really great air guns at bargain prices, we recently picked up this Slavia 631 Lux, made by CZ, at an auction for only $60. Unfortunately, Slavia air rifles are no longer imported to this country by CZ, but you can still find one that comes up for sale, now and then. If you do find on in good working condition, like this one, I highly recommend you grab it if the price is reasonable and it meets your shooting needs.

As for your shooting needs, first thing to know is that this Slavia break barrel air rifle is NOT a high powered spring piston rifle. It's rated in the 500-600 fps range, which is even less than the very popular Weihrauch HW30. I suspect this low power is one reason sales of the Slavia 600 series rifles dropped to the point of CZ no longer importing them into this country. That low power, though, is what makes the little Slavia the perfect indoor or back yard shooter.

Too bad, because the Slavia 631 Lux is a simple, rugged, but very well made little air rifle and it is very accurate with the right pellet when used within its range. Given its low power, recoil is very light, making it an easy rifle to shoot. It's also a very quiet rifle to shoot as springers go. Again, the Lux makes the ideal indoor or backyard shooter.

Note that if you want to scope the Slavia 631 Lux, the one I have has a 13mm wide rail and therefore takes 13mm rings.That's not a common size, but there are some 13mm rings out there. I didn't have any on hand, so I just mounted the Burris Fastfire III via a 3/8" to Weaver adapter that has clamps on both sides. That allowed me to mount the adapter perfectly in the center of the rails.

As I said, accuracy is very good with the right pellets, in this case the RWS R10 7 grain Match.

What a great little plinking rifle for an afternoon of fun shooting spinner and the metal targets in the back yard. The Slavia 631 lux is the best air rifle we've ever bought under $100, by far.
3 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Back yard/indoor springer, Slavia 631 Lux

Post by Vaquero » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Nice shootin.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Back yard/indoor springer, Slavia 631 Lux

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Nice NCG. Thats some very cheap entertainment. Love seeing the airgun talk on the forum.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55