Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Beeman R7

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Beeman R7

Post by DAVIDF » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:05 pm

Thank you to NCG and her advice! I am the extremely happy new owner of a Beeman R7. Last weekend a friend an I were making plans to go to the range on Sunday. He told me he has a Diana 34. I asked him to bring it with him on Sunday so I could try. What a fabulous air gun. I had more fun shooting it than any of the various other firearms we brought (all powder burners). My wife saw how excited I was after shooting the Diana, that she urged me to go ahead and order the Beeman.

It arrived yesterday along with 6 different tins of pellets for me to try. Some pellets were not available such as the JSB Exact RS 7.33gr that NCG recommended, but the 8.4gr version was available. That pellet seems to shoot excellent in my limited tests so far. Chronograph results are promising with it. I ran a 5 shot string yesterday with an SD of 3 and another 5 shot string with an SD of 4.

Yesterday while playing with it, I adjusted the trigger a bit. It came adjusted pretty light, but I don't have a gauge. I turned the screw out about 1 1/4 turns to make it lighter. That Rekord trigger is quite nice. I think it is a bit more than 1lb, but strictly a guess.

My son joined me at our friends house today shooting his Diana and my Beeman. I had told my son that once he shoots them, he will want one. Sure enough, he'll be ordering a Beeman R7 most likely.

The target below was from 23 yards standing, offhand. The one on the lower left would have been pretty good if I didn't throw one. The other 4 are around 5/8". I am loving this little Beeman. Thank you again NCG, you helped me make a wonderful decision!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Beeman R7

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:49 pm

You are so very welcome, David. Glad to have helped.

As for those targets, well ... "Wow." :) That is truly some great offhand shooting.

Not to worry about pellets. Beeman HWs are not pellet picky, so shoot what you can get, right now. Eventually you'll find a pellet or two that does just a bit better than others, though. The only thing I'd avoid at that power level are the heavy 10 plus grain pellets. The R7 is happiest when fed the 7 and 8 grain stuff.

Are you going to keep shooting the factory open sights or do you plan to go peep or scope? We have two HW30s, one with a scope and one with the Williams FP-AG-TK,https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/sights ... ure-sight/ since we love shooting this gun so much with either sight. The stock open sights are great, though. I enjoy them, too.

Just remember to tighten up the stock bolts - the one under the forearm and the two on the trigger guard - before each shooting session, especially while breaking in a new gun.

Thanks for posting this. Made my day.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm

That one group really is tight. Amazing for out of the box.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi North Country Gal,

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. Always means a lot coming from you.

I plan to keep the open sights. If I ever get a second, then one will be with a scope, maybe a 4x. I love open sights, especially for an air gun like this one. Plus, the sights work really well for my eyes as long as the lighting is ok.

I'll order more of the JSB 8.4 gr (or Air Arms branded JSB). They seem to work extremely well both velocity and accuracy.

Thanks for the tip on the bolts. I will take a look at them and tighten.

Sir Henry,

Thank you. Yeah, I am really happy with the performance. My son was shooting some great groups. We are both getting used to the very light hold necessary. Fortunately for me, not to different than what I have been used to with some other rifles off the bench and identical to the hold I used for a BR 6.5 someone let me try.

Best thing is that is amazingly fun!
1 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am

Very nice shooting DAVIDF. That's a fine looking rifle. Once you master that hold, it shows in the accuracy. Thanks for sharing and keep the reports coming.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member