Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Sheridan peep sight

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Sheridan peep sight

Post by leverjc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Just bought a new Sheridan pump gun in 22 and would like to put a peep sight or maybe a scope on it but can not seem to find anything on it. I am hoping to get some ideas on what I can do. Thanks in advance.
2 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Sheridan peep sight

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:03 pm

leverjc wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm
Just bought a new Sheridan pump gun in 22 and would like to put a peep sight or maybe a scope on it but can not seem to find anything on it. I am hoping to get some ideas on what I can do. Thanks in advance.
My brother had a peep sight on his Sheridan Blue Streak quite a few years ago. I believe it was a Williams. Our number one gun guru, North Country Gal, will have an answer for you when she sees your post. The scope mounts look kind of funky to me but they worked fine.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Ditto on North County Gal, she is indeed our gun guru.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

What vintage is you're Sheridan? Starting in '84, Sheridan drilled and tapped two holes for a peep sight on all their rifles. Before that, you could send your gun to Sheridan and they would do it for you. They even sent out a few with peep sights in the early days, but those are seldom seen.

Note that the two holes for the peep will be on the right side of the receiver, not the left where peep sights are usually mounted. The peep sight used is the Williams 5D SH and it's also used on Benjamin 397/392 pumps, since they use the same hole spacing and location.

Her's a pic of a Sheridan with the two drilled and tapped holes.

Here's a pic with the Williams mounted on the right side of the Sheridan. Don't see too many peeps that mount on the right side of a gun.

If your Sheridan is not drilled and tapped, it's pretty simple to do it, though, since the receiver is brass, not steel.
3 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Thanks NC Girl. My Sheridan is a new one. I hope it shoots as good as the one I grew up shooting. I have wanted one since it was stolen back in the 70's. Thanks to USPS it has been sitting at the Columbia Mo. post office since the 29th. I wish Midway would have sent it UPS as requested.
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:32 am

When I ordered my Sheridan in the late seventies, I chose the peep site option and the rifle came with the Williams F.P. on it. I still have the rifle .
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:34 am

leverjc wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:49 pm
Thanks NC Girl. My Sheridan is a new one. I hope it shoots as good as the one I grew up shooting. I have wanted one since it was stolen back in the 70's. Thanks to USPS it has been sitting at the Columbia Mo. post office since the 29th. I wish Midway would have sent it UPS as requested.
Hang in there. UPS and Fedex are also experiencing a lot of delays, but, yeah, I think USPS is the worst of all, right now.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Tell us USPS has delivered it.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:52 pm

USPS has finally delivered my pellet rifle. I have shot a few rounds down my hall into a trap, so far I am impressed. Just did a little off hand plinking to see if it would shoot. The trigger on this gun seems to be so much better than I remember the one that I had as a kid. I am going to enjoy it this winter at my 50' jury rigged indoor range. NC girl thanks for the info on the peep sight.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:14 pm

You are very welcome. Even though we own and shoot some expensive, high end air rifles, we also enjoy our Benjamin and Sheridan pumps. Some of them are very accurate and hold their own with the expensive stuff.
1 x