Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Umarex Origin

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Umarex Origin

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:56 pm

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precha ... air-rifle/

Just watched a review of this one on youtube. I like it and who knows maybe it might find a home at my house. Have you seen this one NCG and it would be cool if you had time to post some photos and some info on your airtank set ups and what a person might need to look at getting to set one up.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Good idea. Will do when I can.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Also NCG what is the better halfs opinion of pumping up a PCP. I dont mind the workout and I know I have some extra groceries up top to help out with the down stroke
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 pm

He's not a fan of pumping due to chronic back issues brought on by several accidents over the course of his life, one of which was being thrown by horse. Scuba tanks work for him, but, honestly, he shoots spring piston guns pretty darn good with only minimal coaching from me.

I fully appreciate that there is a learning curve associated with shooting springers, as we like to call spring piston guns and much less so with pneumatics. That's one of the draws of pneumatic air guns, but in the case of PCPs, there are some other practical advantages over springers, too. Air guns are a very diverse class of airguns. There are positives and negatives with each type and PCPs are no exception. Springers are a best fit for my shooting personality and style, but I also enjoy and shoot all the other types of air guns.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Info appreciated and I will take that into consideration. One can almost buy another spring gun for the cost of the air tanks ect just to fill one pcp rifle
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:56 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:54 pm
Info appreciated and I will take that into consideration. One can almost buy another spring gun for the cost of the air tanks ect just to fill one pcp rifle
The air is still free though......right?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:10 am

Not to fill the tanks if you go scuba it isnt. They charge you to fill those if thats what you mean. Pumping the rifles up with a hand pump is still free yes sir.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:21 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:10 am
Not to fill the tanks if you go scuba it isnt. They charge you to fill those if thats what you mean. Pumping the rifles up with a hand pump is still free yes sir.
Where do scuba shops get the compressed air? I take it the air is dry and won’t have moisture in it like the air compressor in my garage.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:30 am

As above. For sure, dive shops don't fill tanks for free. The other hassle with scuba tanks is that they have to be pressure certified, every five years, or most dive shops won't fill them. I can pump my Benjamin Disco and our Steyr PCP pistol because those only need 50 pumps to fill to max pressure. The only one that is not practical for me to fill is our Daystate PCP rifle. That would take at least 100 pumps and I don't have it in me, not to mention the time involved. It's why we have scuba tanks, but those are now in need of re-certification. This Daystate is really the only gun that has kept me in the PCP game and tempted me to add a compressor. Unfortunately, it is such a fine gun and so accurate that I can't bring myself to sell it. At some point, though, I may be forced to sell it. Just hard to justify all the added expense for the sake of one air gun, but, oh, what a gun!

[url=https://postimages.org/]Image[/url
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 am

Im not sure how that all works Gene. Joanie would be better info than me on that. I would assume that they have a system with there air compressors that takes it out for sure. I know these compressors that these airgun shops are selling have filters on them to take it out. I do see on the Hill MK4 hand pump that they do have a filter you can buy to collect the moisture.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55