All things reloading here
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Reloading manuals

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 am

TMB wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:39 am
I have read many threads on this forum which talk about using universal or unique with cast 200 gr, 250gr and 255gr LRNFP bullets. I have a Lyman 49th and Horniday 9th and 10th edition manuals. None of which list data for those powder and bullet combinations. Which manuals do you use?
Unique was one of the first smokeless powders and if you are talking .45 Colt it's like bread and butter!
I have the 49th Lyman also and Unique is listed on most all loads. 200-255 lead bullets and 8-9 gr. Unique within pressure limits....Shoot right and sleep tight! Unique shoots a bit cleaner at the higher end of listed loads.
0 x

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks CT_Shooter and RangeRoper I found good information at both those sites. I also found this book
pistolrevolverhbk.jpg
pistolrevolverhbk.jpg (35.57 KiB) Viewed 956 times
1 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm

That's one thing I like about Hodgdon powders. They have extensive reloading information on their website. This is going to be up to date info, and they are one of the few that publishes rifle data for pistol cartridges commonly used in lever guns.

Many other powder retailers give minimal reloading info online.
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:30 pm

The Lyman Pistol & Revolver Handbook arrived today. It has articles about big bore handguns, casting bullets and cowboy action shooting as well as reviewing basic loading principal. This is going to be a well used part of my reloading library.
3 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach