Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ballistic Software

All things reloading here
Pitchman1968
Cowhand
United States of America

Ballistic Software

Post by Pitchman1968 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 am

Good morning from central Massachusetts where our autumn colors are just beginning to appear. Has anyone ever used the free ballistics software program called Pointblank? Their 1.0 version first appeared around 2001-2002 and it was a great "user friendly" tool for reloaders. Then, around 2008-2009 the developer introduced an updated version named PointBlank 2.0. I have struggled with 2.0 for the last 10 years. For example, I am unable to print a trajectory graph for a specific new load recipe without several other trajectory graphs appearing on the printout. Unfortunately, I deleted the original PointBlank program when I installed the 2.0 version. If someone has had a good experience with 2.0, perhaps she/he can give me some coaching on how to use it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Ballistic Software

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:06 am

we've used JBM Ballistic Calculations for many years ====> http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi

it is easy to use and we've found it to be reliable
2 x

Pitchman1968
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Pitchman1968 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:33 am

Hello JEBAR, Thank you for sharing the JBM software program with me! I have up uploaded the program; it looks like it will meet my needs perfectly and alleviate my 10 years of frustration with the Pointblank 2.0 program.
Trajectory graphs are for American big game hunters like AMEX cards are for paying bills while on a trip, i.e., "Don't leave home without them". Even at my age of 76, I still use iron sights (Skinner Express) on my BBB .44 Magnum and my Marlin .45-70. Trajectory graphs give me the correct amount of 'holdover" when taking shots over 100 yards. I keep the graphs posted on the wall of my elevated box blind.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm

kind words appreciated, glad it appears the program will help you .... as noted, it works well for us
0 x