Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Most Arrogant And Condescending Post Denouncing Reloading I Have Ever Read.

All things reloading here
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: The Most Arrogant And Condescending Post Denouncing Reloading I Have Ever Read.

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm

I admit it...I'm just too dang lazy to reload. Life is all about priorities, and that aint one of mine.
Nor do I shoot enough to invest and get set up to do so.
To all who do....kudos to Ya!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: The Most Arrogant And Condescending Post Denouncing Reloading I Have Ever Read.

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:44 am

Same here, except for the lazy part. I just don't have any interest in doing it.
markiver54 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm
I admit it...I'm just too dang lazy to reload. Life is all about priorities, and that ain't one of mine.
Nor do I shoot enough to invest and get set up to do so.
To all who do....kudos to Ya!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:40 am

Life is all about priorities, and that aint one of mine.
I agree and I consider hobbies and interests to be priorities in life - and the outdoors, hunting and shooting are primary 'priorities' of mine - and reloading is an extension of my interest in shooting and a hobby as well.

As far as 'being lazy' is concerned reloading is about as 'laid back' of a hobby as it gets and requires very little movement or physical activity. I sometimes have a hard time staying seated long enough to reload as I am very much NOT lazy but I make sure I dedicate the time to do it as a 'quiet', relaxing time away from everything else.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:11 am

Yea, guess I could have left out the lazy part. In truth, I have always been anything but. I do confess to procrastination sometimes though. Even that doesn't last long. I'll just leave it at priorities, ( the most important thing in life ).
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:05 pm

I'll just leave it at priorities, ( the most important thing in life ).
Priorities tend to be 'subjective' for everyone - and while we are at it I'll mention a couple of mine:

Staying very active and physically fit.

Always maintaining an upbeat and cheerful attitude about everything.

Keeping an open mind about nearly everything, accepting I don't 'know it all' and always willing to listen, and learn something new.

Last but not least - I will never allow the 'old man' to enter my life - while I have to accept 'aging' as a normal consequence I do NOT have to allow a 'curmudgeonly', self - righteous position to dominate my essential 'self' as it seems to with many. Heck I know guys younger than me that are already there.
2 x