Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Most Arrogant And Condescending Post Denouncing Reloading I Have Ever Read.

All things reloading here
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: The Most Arrogant And Condescending Post Denouncing Reloading I Have Ever Read.

Post by Mistered » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:47 pm

He obviously does not reload.
0 x

runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: The Most Arrogant And Condescending Post Denouncing Reloading I Have Ever Read.

Post by runnin n gunnin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pm

The irony of the post is the focus on reloading.

The same attitude could be applied to anything else from custom cars, boats, four wheel drives, sewing and so on. Ever think how much a dedicated bass fisherman spends on boats, gear, and time?

The individual who made the original post is a disgruntled, know it all moron. The world is full of them, and it is better we allow them to identity their own ignorance and sit back and laugh at them.

No further post needed. Everyone has well made the point, so I am done with it . . . . . Oh yeah, and by the way, I love reloading !
2 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:35 am

I like to re-load, and I've never actually calculated if I save money or not. I don't really care.
I pull a 18,000 lb 5th wheel with my diesel truck. When someone asks me what kind of fuel mileage I get, I say I have no idea, because nothing else will pull this trailer, and it wouldn't make a difference anyway, cuz I'm still going to do it.
I service all my equipment myself, not just to save money, but to get the job done correctly. Same as I do with re-loading.
5 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

Spade5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Spade5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:45 pm

I hand load meaning one round at a time on a single stage press. Takes me forever but I enjoy it and for me, it is good therapy. I never thought I was going to save any money. I enjoy doing things with my hands and the science behind reloading and shooting in general, is very interesting to me.

Knowing that everything is there waiting on me, gives me peace of mind. I may go months without touching it, but when the mood strikes me, I let her rip. Sometimes the wife will say something like "you haven't done any reloading in awhile." which is code for you are getting on my nerves so time to hit the garage and play with some brass.

The downside for me is I have no one to pass my equipment, firearms or Harley to. I will keep doing it as long as I can.
3 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:18 pm

I'll send you my address so you can let your wife know where to send them. No sense letting those things collect dust. :D
Spade5 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:45 pm
The downside for me is I have no one to pass my equipment, firearms or Harley to. I will keep doing it as long as I can.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Lol, beat me too it CT. :lol:

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 am

Spade5 wrote:
I hand load meaning one round at a time on a single stage press. Takes me forever but I enjoy it and for me, it is good therapy. I never thought I was going to save any money. I enjoy doing things with my hands and the science behind reloading and shooting in general, is very interesting to me.

Knowing that everything is there waiting on me, gives me peace of mind. I may go months without touching it, but when the mood strikes me, I let her rip. Sometimes the wife will say something like "you haven't done any reloading in awhile." which is code for you are getting on my nerves so time to hit the garage and play with some brass.

Very well put, and I'm sure it sounds familiar to many members, and I hope you have many many years at the reloading bench to come. Now about that Harley :)
1 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 am

dasmoeturhead wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 am
Spade5 wrote:

Very well put, and I'm sure it sounds familiar to many members, and I hope you have many many years at the reloading bench to come. Now about that Harley :)
Sorry CT and I have first dibs. :lol:

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:34 am

Uh oh...the Vultures are circling. :lol:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Folks, there's always somebody ready to pee in your gravy, just because they don't like gravy ( I do ). I first started reloading back around 1968 or so, & it did save some money. I didn't have the amount of money invested in equipment, etc. that I do now.
With today's ammo prices, it's usually cheaper to buy off the shelf. I just enjoy doing it myself. Not telling you folks anything you don't already know.
Naysayers, I try to educate, if not, ignore 'em.
0 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )