Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Free Hazmat at Midway

All things reloading here
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Free Hazmat at Midway

Post by ESquared » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 am

Good news/bad news, I guess. Good news is that it's wide open to all the brands and packages that Midway carries, and it includes primers in the purchase requirement. It's also good through the end of this month, for those of us who might need some time to figure out what we might need. AND, they carry lots to choose from.

However, it's a bit more expensive than some other places (~$2.00 more per Lb on an 8 lb cannister of H110, for example), like Mid-South, so you'd need to do the math vs. how/where you normally buy.

All that said, worth passing along:

https://www.midwayusa.com/promo/primers-powder-0319
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Free Hazmat at Midway

Post by clovishound » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Sometimes it pays to investigate local sources. We have a local company that produces and sells reloads and new ammo. They also sell some reloading supplies. Their everyday local prices are lower than Midways prices without shipping and hazmat fees.

Not everyone has a resource like that available, but sometimes it pays to look around. For someone without a local source like this, no hazmat fee makes a big difference, unless you want to place a big order.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Very interesting that they would be in the business of manufacturing ammo AND selling reloading supplies. I'm not aware of such an operation here in the KC area, but will certainly search around, as you are correct: buying big quantities online is about the only way around Hazmat fees, and the local Big Box retailers are typically no bargain.
Having Missouri Bullet Company within a reasonable distance is handy, as they provide for customer pick-up, and those bullets are heavy!
Will have to see if there are reloading supply places around here. Thanks for the tip!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:20 am

They sell bullets, but not a great deal on them, and no hazmat shipping fee for those on the internet. Powder and primers are pretty decent deal, however. I get CCI primers for $31 - $32 per thousand. Most handgun powders are $20 - $24 per lb. On top of that, I get a 5% military discount. It's a little out of the way, but when I'm in the area, I try and stop in and stock up. Variety is a little limited, but they do carry the powders/primers I use a lot of.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya