357 110 Gr Plinkers - First Variables Range-Tested

All things reloading here
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: 357 110 Gr Plinkers - First Variables Range-Tested

Post by ESquared » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:26 am

Mistered wrote:
you must do everything possible to remove your shooting from the equation.
LOL ! I don't think removing your SHOOTING from the equation is the answer as you may never see holes in the paper!
Regardless what NCG means is ensuring you remove all movement variables and ensure a solid and consistent rest for the rifle.
I have never actually owned a formal rest but have always had sandbags and between them and some heavy towels can always configure a pretty solid rest.
Lever action rifles do not seem to have been designed with benchrest shooting as part of their use and it can sometimes be a challenge to get a good, solid (and comfortable) rest with them.
I guess there's "removing yourself" and then there's really removing yourself, huh? Point taken, however, and I can appreciate it.

I'll take my next step(s) and report back, but I'll try to limit my involvement... :o
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: 357 110 Gr Plinkers - First Variables Range-Tested

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 am

Ha! No, don't remove yourself. Bad idea to leave guns on the bench, unattended. :)
2 x