Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Greenhorn seeking advice

All things reloading here
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Greenhorn seeking advice

Post by ESquared » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Since I'm where OzarkRR was back in July, I'm scouring the Reloading posts and this is a fantastic thread. I've been researching like crazy, reading reviews, talking to friends who reload (including you all), and I'm slowly absorbing it all and formulating a plan, but questions remain. I'll get them answered, one by one, and I'll end up with a new, fun, relaxing, fulfilling hobby.
I know, for example, that I'll start out with just 357Magnum, just to feed my BBS. I'll add 30-30 and 308 later, once I use up the factory loads I've accumulated and have an ample supply of once-fired brass.
The equipment end of it seems like Chevy/GMC/Cadillac/Audi, as does "which brand of dies?" I'll figure it out, I hope.
I'll be a low volume tinkerer, playing with the bullet weights, shapes and brands, and will figure out the loads and brands of powder, too, no doubt.
While I'm okay with the idea of "patience," I"m still drawn toward a turret style press, just so I can streamline my caliber changes down the road, but, who knows, I may be one informed conversation away from deciding that THAT's a bad idea.
Still finding out that I don't know what I don't know.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357