Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

.45LC Stock; & possible ammo shipping issue?

All things reloading here
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: .45LC Stock; & possible ammo shipping issue?

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:35 pm

PT
I get your concern in your case but I live in a rural neighborhood. When they drop it on my front porch its ok by me. Alot of times these shipping houses dont tell you there shipping with a signature required. Im not home during the day to sign a thing. I work. Id like to know if there doing that so I could have it shipped where I work to sign for it. Im not wanting to chase it to a FedEx or UPS office which in my case is only open limited hours.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:15 am

I have a similar situation to BigAl. I also live rural and quite a ways off the main road so I don't normally worry about pkgs being left on the porch. Being retired I'm home more often then not. So even having to sign for a delivery isn't really a problem most of the time. But sometimes a pkg comes when I'm not home that needs a delivery signature and then I've got a 1 hour trip each way to go pick it up at their disti hub. There are FedEx and UPS stores much closer, but like BigAl said you have to know ahead of time a delivery is coming that needs a signature. If you don't know, you can't redirect the pkg to a closer store. The online tracking info doesn't always indicate signature required.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Got the end of the FedEx saga when I stopped in at the FedEx store earlier today. They cannot accept ordnance at their shop; they are designated as a "copy store." If I want the ammo manufacturer who uses FedEx for shipping to send to FedEx, it will be accepted at the main hub in downtown KC where I could go to pick it up. Not far, but not next door like this local store.

And the FedEx supe had a suggestion, which I may pursue whenever I purchase web ammo again. He said to request the manufacturer to "ship with signature required." That seems like a good path. He also wondered why the manufacturer did not forward-think that and send ammo with the signature as the insurance that it gets to the person.

Anyway, checked it out and done for this go-around. Appreciate all your comments, Henry Folk.
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:22 am

I have had this problem with FedEx also. My apartment complex requires that both FedEx and UPS bring packages to the office if I'm not home. UPS is good about that but not FedEx.
I have had shipments of coral for my fish tank which would die if left on the stoop. I contacted FedEx and they had no problem holding shipments at the local terminal for pick up. All I had to do was give the shipper the address of the local terminal as my ship to address.
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach