Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

More Bullets To Try!

All things reloading here
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

More Bullets To Try!

Post by Mistered » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 pm

A friend had to 'muddy the waters' even more for me by bringing in a couple sacks of both Xtreme and HSM brands 158 gr. SWC bullets - both plated. The Xtreme have an interesting narrower and tapered ogive. We shall see what works best!
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: More Bullets To Try!

Post by clovishound » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:35 am

I have shot a lot of Xtreme 158 grain HPs in my BBS. They are my favorite bullet for the BBS.

Sadly, Xtreme appears to be having financial difficulty at the time. Hope they get things worked out and stay in business.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Sadly, Xtreme appears to be having financial difficulty at the time.
Not unlike many areas of the gun industry - for a variety of reasons.....
0 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:36 am

X-Treme's quality may have gone down a bit with the last batch I purchased. One of those bullets from that batch apparently had an air pocket in the lead near the nose of the bullet. It initially appeared to be a perfectly shaped RNFP until I seated the bullet. The nose crushed in as the bullet was seated in the case. I weighed the completed round and it was about 20 grains lighter than the other loads, so that bullet weighed around 180 grains vs the 200 for the others. I'll have to weight each one before loading the next batch to see if they are all good. Hopefully, the other 1970 bullets are correctly manufactured. I have had good results with these previously. These are supposed to be the heavy plate, all the previous batches I have bought have been the regular lighter plating.
0 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:42 am

Well ultimately the X-treme 158 gr SWC made the 'cut' and after 11 days my order of 500 was dropped on my desk yesterday! I actually ordered them on the 1st and finally called them on Tuesday and the gal said they had been behind and they would go out soon - and did, so all is good!
My co worker looked At the box an commented, "well, X-xtreme must be doing better as they now are using nice, printed labels for their boxes instead of just ink stamping the info on them"
0 x