Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Beartooth Bullets - Order to Delivery Time

All things reloading here
Pitchman1968
Cowhand
United States of America

Beartooth Bullets - Order to Delivery Time

Post by Pitchman1968 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm

As I am writing this, we are getting our first snowfall here is Central Massachusetts. Last snowfall can be as late as mid-April That's a long time from now !! As I get older, 6 months of winter is way too long.

Since I joined this Forum last June, I can remember reading a couple of posts pertaining to the long delivery time on orders placed with Bear Tooth Bullets out in Idaho; but, I also remembered posts describing the high quality of their cast bullets. I have a Henry .44Mag BBB and based upon the success I have had with Oregon Trail .45-70 hard cast lead bullets, I decided to switch from jacketed to cast in the .44Mag BBB. I would have remained with Oregon Trail, but their .44Mag bullet has a .431" diameter which the same diameter as the barrel on my Henry .44Mag. I wanted a hard cast diameter of .432". I researched Bear Tooth's website and saw they made a bullet with a .432 dia. I also noted that the website stated there was an 8 week backlog on orders. I called Bear Tooth and spoke with the owner and he confirmed the 8 week delivery time was firm. So, I placed an order in mid-September, and the order arrived today exactly 8 weeks from the date I submitted my on-line order. I suspect Bear Tooth produces cast bullets only to orders, as that is an effective way to manage their cash flow by keeping finished inventories to a minimum.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Beartooth Bullets - Order to Delivery Time

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

good to know, thanks for posting your experience with ordering Beartooth bullets .... I also found it interesting that based on your experience you've moved from jacketed to cast bullets for your 44 .... I have no doubt they will serve you well .... after firing literally thousands of lead bullets out of our 44, I've decided to go in the opposite direction
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 pm

I once canceled an order from them for that reason. However I never knew of the delay and wasnt even given the courtsey of the delay via an email. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:43 pm

You might want to check out Dardas. They offer .44 cast in a variety of diameters, including .432. I have used them in the past, and they are good bullets at decent prices.

http://www.dardascastbullets.com/mm5/me ... ry_Code=44
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

BigBlue
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by BigBlue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:44 pm

I always found Beartooth Bullets very good to work with, but as was said you do need patience when waiting for an order. The owner, Marshall Stanton, is very knowledgable in all things gun related, but especially in reloading. If your ever looking for some good reading, his tech notes page is a good source. http://www.beartoothbullets.com/tech_notes/index.htm I found his 3 articles on the Marlin .444 very interesting. He had some health problems a while back and never did get around to a final, fourth, article on the .444, as far as I know. He is one of those gun notables that is very approachable if you have a question or need help.
2 x
“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 pm

They've a 280 gr WLNGC in 41 mag that my Henry 41 really likes.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012