Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Automatic Powder Measure

All things reloading here
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Automatic Powder Measure

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Yes sir thats correct. Let me know how you like it.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:42 pm

do you modify yours by adding a straw ?
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I spent a good bit of time today working with our RCBS Charge Master Combo .... as it is with all electronics, when it comes to using them, for me, there is a learning curve .... I deliberately chose to work with Winchester 748 powder .... it is an extremely fine grained powder that can be a bit of a challenge to meter .... once I figured out how to punch the buttons in the right order, the Charge Master really did well .... out of 50 rounds loaded, it didn't over charge a single one .... I hope to eventually get to where I can run it without having to have its manual in hand
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:10 pm

earlier today when it started raining, my attention to loading 100 308's for a long time friend .... it is becoming simpler to use but I still have to keep the manual close at hand .... once again the Charge Master performed well, this time with extruded powder .... out of the 100 I did have 2 powder drops that were .2 heavier than I wanted .... .1 +or- I usually don't worry about .... more than that I add more powder or dump it and rethrow it .... the Charge Master seemed to take a bit longer with with some of the loads, I suspect that the way it builds up inside the tube it would be very easy to trickle too much powder .... I'm still very pleased with the Combo
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:50 am

Good to hear Jim. I have never modified mine in any way. I have read where you can do this online but everytime I try something like that I end up with a bigger problem that I had to begin with. Sometimes it takes a little longer to throw a charge but Im always working on something else anyway. I like mine for the extruded powder especially. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:08 pm

I even went to McDonalds and picked up a couple of straws .. :roll: .. that said, the way it is performing, I see no reason to mess with it .... depending on the quality of this afternoon's race at Charlotte, I have 200 more 308's to load
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:25 pm

BigAl52 wrote:Hi Jim
I cant speak for the Lyman I have a Lyman case prep center that is worth its weight in gold. I dont know why I didnt buy one sooner I love mine.

Al

I've never seen one .... comments / assessments would be appreciated
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:45 pm

JEBar wrote:
BigAl52 wrote:Hi Jim
I cant speak for the Lyman I have a Lyman case prep center that is worth its weight in gold. I dont know why I didnt buy one sooner I love mine.

Al

I've never seen one .... comments / assessments would be appreciated

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TABTWU?aa ... moES0mudUg
https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-7777760-Fl ... rring+tool
Jim heres a link to one on Amazon. It works great for cleaning primer pockets and I also bought the lyman inside the flash hole deburring tool. You can screw the shaft of that tool into one of the stations on the machine. Its one step I do to all of my rifle cases. The case mouth tools are also very easy to use this way after trimming brass thats to long. Trimming brass is one of my most unfavortie jobs but with this machine it makes it easy. I found mine on sale for 99.00. Perhaps if you look around maybe you can catch one for that. But none the less I would buy it again after using the one I have. Al
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:02 pm

info appreciated .... I have individual tools that can perform those task .... will most certainly take a look
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 pm

update :

we've been using our RCBS Charge Master for just over 2 years .... yep, I still think it was expensive but it has become a highly valued piece of our reloading equipment that I'd hate to do without ... if it was to self-destruct tomorrow, I'd immediately order a replacement .... for production of precision loads with exact charges of powder, it excels .... it does operate at a leisurely pace that best fits use with a single stage press
0 x