Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Did i tell ya?

All things reloading here
Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Did i tell ya?

Post by Headhog » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:13 pm

One can never have too much brass. But you also need the components to make that into usable ammo. and during these times, that can be challenging.

Paul
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Did i tell ya?

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:35 am

You can also use the brass for other things. I took fired brass from a day on my range during a visit by a Royal Dutch Marine Friend and his two sons, tumbled it shiny again, and sized and decapped it. I seated a proper bullet in ten of the 223 rounds and ten of the 45acp rounds and then I then drilled a hole in the side of each case. (For Dutch Customs) Then glued a small eye bolt into the primer pocket and added a split ring. My friend's boys now had Ten Each of the 223 and 45ACP rounds THEY had fired to give as gifts to their MATES when they returned home. Not a big deal here, but since you can't even HOLD a real firearm there, it was HUGE For them. I gave them both DVDs of the videos of them firing the .22 Diamondback, the Model 64 .38 Revolver, Glock 9mm, Sig P220 45, Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, and the M4 AR15 .223. We had two range sessions on my private range at the farm in VA and they were GODS among their mates when they returned to the Netherlands. :lol:

On several occasions I have used spent brass as drawer pulls or handles in woodworking projects....

drawer fronts.jpg
drawer fronts.jpg (223.21 KiB) Viewed 500 times
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.