All things reloading here
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: ZincPoint Primers

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:42 pm

ol'pole wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:09 pm
Thinking about it $130/brick, sold as 2 = $260 plus shipping say $20 plus fed hazmat $35, that equals $315 WOW that's $.17 per primer, or $8.50 / 50 rounds loaded for just primers. Really jacks up the price of reloading
Still waiting for an answer to my last email
as bad as that sounds, its still cheaper than purchasing factor ammo, IF you can find any
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:40 pm

only factory ammo Ii have are a couple boxes of .22's that I have for the grankids to shoot and a couple boxes of .45acp that my nephew gave me when he went from a field agent and became a field supervisor, had to turn in his Springer for a Glock.
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 pm

ol'pole wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:40 pm
only factory ammo Ii have are a couple boxes of .22's that I have for the grankids to shoot and a couple boxes of .45acp that my nephew gave me when he went from a field agent and became a field supervisor, had to turn in his Springer for a Glock.
I have fairly good amount factory stuff in Several different calibers, but I don't shoot it.
The only factory stuff shot around here are the 22 lr, & mags, and then shotgun shells, as I don't reload those.
Two years ago when WW decided they were no longer going to sell hand gun and those scary 223's.
I bought well over a thousand rounds at half price,
still have all of that except for some 45 acp that I sold to my oldest daughter's boy friend. ;)
I figure if I ever have to do any bartering :o that it will be worth more than the hand loads. ;)

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 am

Well it's been almost 2 weeks since I asked Zincpoint some more questions like who makes them, what primers are they like, and why/how are they worth $130 a brick? Still no answer. I'll stay away
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:26 am

I placed an order for 1,000 ZincPoint small pistol primers on 11-7-21 ... payment was charged on our card and an UPS shipping label was created on 11-11-21 .... the shipping info said our shipment was scheduled for delivery on 11-16-21 .... in checking the UPS tracking, issued Nov 11th, the primers left Conroe, TX on the way to us yesterday .... during the wait I have contacted 2 different people at ZincPoint twice by email and twice by phone .... in all cases, their folks have been professional and good to work with .... early on the shipping info I was given simply didn't happen .... finally early last week a plausible reason for the delay was given and another promise was made .... just checked the same UPS tracking number provided a month ago, the primers shipped yesterday .... these primers are a Christmas Gift and I sure hope they prove to be good ones .... I'm holding off making a decision as to if I will deal with this company again until after learning how they perform,
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:56 pm

I looked at their BBB reviews and they weren't too good. Curious as to why they moved from Cleburne to Huntsville also. I hope you get them in time..
Jake
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:45 pm

understood .... I had plenty of misgivings and held off ordering for months .... bottom line, they had them in stock when I needed to order them .... you know what they say about opinions, well here goes .... based on my experience with them (which hasn't gone smoothly), I believe they saw a good marketing opportunity and jumped in .... unfortunately, it appears they under estimated the size of the market .... their primers are made in South America and it apparently took them a while to get quality control in hand .... in fact, the main reason it took them so long was the batch of primes that should have been sent to us had to be sent back .... frankly, I'd rather have them handle it the way they did instead of send out a bad batch that their customers would have to deal with .... once I got through to a person I was quickly given the choice of an instant refund or continuing to wait .... in addition, Covid related shipping problems on top of hazmat peculiarities has taken a while for them to get worked out .... I understand that the move was based on a finding a better facility .... IF the primers go boom and the need arises, I'd give them another chance ....
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Vaquero wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 pm
ol'pole wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:40 pm
I have fairly good amount factory stuff in Several different calibers, but I don't shoot it.
The only factory stuff shot around here are the 22 lr, & mags, and then shotgun shells, as I don't reload those.
Two years ago when WW decided they were no longer going to sell hand gun and those scary 223's.
I bought well over a thousand rounds at half price,
still have all of that except for some 45 acp that I sold to my oldest daughter's boy friend. ;)
I figure if I ever have to do any bartering :o that it will be worth more than the hand loads. ;)

RP
Not to hi-jack this thread on primers, but, Randy mentioned having factory ammo. So, I looked in my two cabinets. .22lr and 12 and 20ga shotgun shells. Looking further, 10 boxes of Federal American Eagle .357/158gr JSP and 5 boxes of Speer Lawman .45 acp and 2 boxes of Win .45 acp! Hell, I didn't even remember having these. A BONANZA!! Not to mention all my handloads in everything else. Lordy!
3 x

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:26 pm

SCAM???????????
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:07 am

Well, my concern is that they are gouging on their prices. They have "lowered" their price to $120 a K. That is around 4 times what they were not long ago.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya