Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

and the reload train came to a sudden stop

All things reloading here
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

and the reload train came to a sudden stop

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 am

:? Yes when loading .44 Mag. the ram on your Dillon won't go up and THEN you find a .45 Colt case made it thru to the Ist sizing station!
Most likely it's a .44 Special that sneeks in at the powder dump/flair station then shows how short he is in the seating station!! :lol:

Oh well one cleaned and primed piece of .45 brass for later.... Have a lot of .45 Colt to get caught up with!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: and the reload train came to a sudden stop

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:41 pm

:lol:

I've had a similar issue when loading 44's .... when in the tumbler with 357's I've had several come out with a 357 inside the 44 .... when that happens, the press's handle will also come to a sudden stop .... so far I've been able to remove them so no harm
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 pm

I once had a .22lr case that got into a .38 or .357 case. The de capping pin somehow managed to spear it perfectly so that it was stuck on the pin with the small de capping end sticking out the bottom of the .22 case. I started having trouble getting the primers out of the spent cases. I finally disassembled the die and discovered the culprit. It was stuck so hard that I had to chuck it up in my wood lathe and turn the .22 case off the pin.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

mtswampfox
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by mtswampfox » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Found a 10mm inside a 45lc today mid stroke on the 550. Learned long time ago , slow easy stop if something dont feel right
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 pm

I now line up all my cases to be loaded standing up. I can easily look into the case to see if there is something there shouldn't be. I do runs of 20 or 30 at a time, and can scan them all in seconds. Also makes it easy to see a .38 case hiding in with the .357s.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya