Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ten X reloads.....

All things reloading here
steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Ten X reloads.....

Post by steelersfan97 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Does anyone have any experience with reloads from Ten X?

Thoughts?
0 x
H006M, H015-223

Owly
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Ten X reloads.....

Post by Owly » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:58 pm

I don't have specific experience with that brand, but I have tried various other brands of factory reloaded ammunition. My general opinion is to steer clear. Loads often tend to be very light (cowboy action) loads using powders unknown and are usually quite dirty. I'm sure there are exceptions, this is just my personal experience.

Many reloaders (myself included) believe you should never fire somebody elses reloads. There are so many variables that go into reloading and so many oversights that can occur if the reloader is not diligent and thorough. Prudent shooters should only trust their own reloads and/or factory loaded new ammunition... IMHO
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:13 am

What Owly said. Never shoot someone else's reloads.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 am

Owly wrote:Many reloaders (myself included) believe you should never fire somebody elses reloads. There are so many variables that go into reloading and so many oversights that can occur if the reloader is not diligent and thorough. Prudent shooters should only trust their own reloads and/or factory loaded new ammunition... IMHO
I completely agree. Thanks for the excellent advice.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:52 pm

When ammo was real tight my son bought some factory style reloads from a big box store for 9mm. They shot fine but were the filthiest thing this side of black powder.

No experience with Ten X.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.