Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

So much for that plan......

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

So much for that plan......

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:53 am

Today is the opening season games for Va.Tech and UVA football and was ready to watch them this afternoon/evening until I found out that both are only on the crappy ACCN network which Xfinity has yet to get a contract with. Other viewing choices way to expensive being Youtube TV and Hulu streaming at 64.99 and 54.99 on top of an already too expensive cable/internet bill of 190 bucks!
Miss the good ol' days of analog TV and radio since local State games could be found on one of them. Big $$$$ just ruins everything in the end!!
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: So much for that plan......

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:03 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:53 am
Today is the opening season games for Va.Tech and UVA football and was ready to watch them this afternoon/evening until I found out that both are only on the crappy ACCN network which Xfinity has yet to get a contract with. Other viewing choices way to expensive being Youtube TV and Hulu streaming at 64.99 and 54.99 on top of an already too expensive cable/internet bill of 190 bucks!
Miss the good ol' days of analog TV and radio since local State games could be found on one of them. Big $$$$ just ruins everything in the end!!
I don’t even have a TV!
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 am

We don't have cable, and rarely watch tv any more. We mostly watch bluray and dvd movies, we decided long ago to buy them once their prices drop. We don't mind watching them over again after some time passes, and with 2,500 or so now; including the series box sets, we have things to watch. ;)

Before we gave up on Walmart entirely, I used to make a trip there once in a while with the express purpose of mining that huge 2.99 movie bin. I would take my movie binder with me so I didn't buy duplicates, pull two carts up and stack rejects in one to make it easier to sort, and find a couple dozen great ones to add to the collection. Several times someone else would come along, point to the reject cart and say... "No, don't toss 'em back... :D ... I'll sort them back in."
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Wow Forty I guess I shouldnt complain. Im whinnin cause I pay 90.00 a month for Dish. Only reason I keep it is because of the RV. Trying to stream TV on the road with some of the wifi at these parks would be a joke. The wifi at most of these RV parks is terrible.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Just wanted to watch a little home state college football on a damp cloudy afternoon that's all.
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:03 pm

We pay $0.00 per month.

We have an Antenna and a Roku Box through the computer. Although we get about 26 Channels and a ton of old shows and old movies we can't get everything, but that only gives me more time for outside projects, lol.
2 x
NRA Member

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Listening to the UVA game on a local radio feed while typing this.
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:32 pm

By the way, I just checked Antenna TV and there is a College Football game on CBS and one on Fox. Probably not the one you want, but 2 going on none-the-less.
1 x
NRA Member

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Both the Okl. & Kans. St plus the Tex. & Tex. Tech game were awesome. All I have is an antenna. Some days you get lucky, most you don't, but I don't give DirecTv any more of my money, for 200 channels I don't watch. They were bumping $100 when I told them where to stick it.
1 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:20 pm

I don't have tv either. Figured I watched enough television over the years and regret wasting all of that time.
0 x